Technical Discussion about Hardware and Software

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: Various Wilderness

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Tes96 wrote: The next thing to be would be to implant little microchips into the back of our skulls and let us experience the game in our minds. No monitor, no computer, no mouse, no keyboard, no game disc, no load times, just a virtual realistic elder scrolls game being ran in our brains' processing power.

To be honest, such technology would be a nightmare. Not for gaming, but it also provide an option for goverments to control people if there is something like a direct access to the brain of an individual. If someone is an "uncomfortable person" in their distorted eyes it is easy to give him/ her a brainwash and make him/ her a willing to please zombie. It is extremly dangerous in my opinion.

@ Dirnae

Cool Matrix quote :D
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Tes96 wrote:"Seen better"? The gtx 580 is the best graphics card out there that I've read any ways.

Check your sources. The best graphics card is the Radeon 6990.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Tes96 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:
Tes96 wrote: The next thing to be would be to implant little microchips into the back of our skulls and let us experience the game in our minds. No monitor, no computer, no mouse, no keyboard, no game disc, no load times, just a virtual realistic elder scrolls game being ran in our brains' processing power.

To be honest, such technology would be a nightmare. Not for gaming, but it also provide an option for goverments to control people if there is something like a direct access to the brain of an individual. If someone is an "uncomfortable person" in their distorted eyes it is easy to give him/ her a brainwash and make him/ her a willing to please zombie. It is extremly dangerous in my opinion.

I agree, it would be horrible. I can assure that the government would love to have such technology since they most definitely would be able to control people's brainwaves and thought patterns. But this type of technology would never be advertised as such. It would be advertised for entertainment like for watching movies and gaming so that people like you and me would be seduced by it, which we most certainly would! :D I would any ways. We kind of already have similar technology but it's in its infancy right now. Of coworker of mine has a friend who's husband was stationed overseas in the military. And she was telling my coworker that she is not allowed to say much except that they do have a type of GPS tracking chip that is implanted in certain troops in case they ever have to be rescued or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next 10 years, those chips will have the ability to operate like cell phones and radar and all that jazz. By the Gods, I bet my location is already being pinged by some government agency right as I'm typing this. Who cares, I'm just watching Labyrinth and working on my TESIII Skyrim showcase. lol

It's just like with all these new iphones and ipads and iThis and iThat that are coming out. I don't own any of those things; just a basic cell phone that does text and calling. If technology ever fails, americans will be fucked because we don't know how else to live without technology. But I don't want to start talking about politics and the government in this thread. Let's save that for the OffTopic section.
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Re: Technical Discussion about Hardware and Software

Postby SamirA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:57 am

I have a GPS chip in my cat, not that big of an advancement there... GPS is very far from brain controlling, virtual reality, micro-processors for your body.

Postby SGMonkey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Crackhead...
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Postby Dirnae » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey faggot, no name-calling. That's my job.
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Postby Tes96 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 pm

God, how old are all you guys? No offense but ya'll talk like you're late teens/early twenties. Am I really the oldest and most mature one here? (Will be turning 30 next year) Don't get me wrong; I like to joke around and once in a while, too. (Lestat sounds a little more grown-up. I assume he is late twenties/early thirties) We need more middle-aged adults here so we can discuss TES work more and joke around less.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Rattfink333 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 am

I'm 37 so phhhhttttt!!!!! Don't worry tes96 they are old friends. sgmonkey started this project if i remember correctly. Just wait till you get to read some of the stuff from the old forums. when they get archived here.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Tes96 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 am

Rattfink333 wrote:I'm 37 so phhhhttttt!!!!! Don't worry tes96 they are old friends. sgmonkey started this project if i remember correctly. Just wait till you get to read some of the stuff from the old forums. when they get archived here.
Is the old stuff lots of doggerel and joking back and forth?
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Praedator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 am

I am even olde than Rattfink 39 :P

Postby Scamp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:00 am

Tes96 wrote:God, how old are all you guys? No offense but ya'll talk like you're late teens/early twenties. Am I really the oldest and most mature one here? (Will be turning 30 next year) Don't get me wrong; I like to joke around and once in a while, too. (Lestat sounds a little more grown-up. I assume he is late twenties/early thirties) We need more middle-aged adults here so we can discuss TES work more and joke around less.

Thank you, but it's really our choice how we talk here. This is a free forum, "immature" jokes are perfectly allowed.

Postby Praedator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am

Tes96 wrote:God, how old are all you guys? No offense but ya'll talk like you're late teens/early twenties. Am I really the oldest and most mature one here? (Will be turning 30 next year) Don't get me wrong; I like to joke around and once in a while, too. (Lestat sounds a little more grown-up. I assume he is late twenties/early thirties) We need more middle-aged adults here so we can discuss TES work more and joke around less.

What the f... has age to do with what we make? Respect that! I believe in cunning, so should everyone here, it is a hobby and we try to make it a superb mod. How do we achieve this, well you have seen, we do joke around, and level of jokes is just a matter of taste, not age!

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm 36, but will get 37 soon (one month)

I grew up in the 80's and I'm proud of it since it was the time that had the biggest influence on my later career. I grew up with the music of Guns N' Roses, Metallica and Mötley Crüe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MY33fw2XCE) which forced me to learn to play guitar in my youth (probably Mötley Crüe had the biggest influence on me if I look on my tattooed arms, chest and back...Nikki Sixx rocks)

@ Rattfink

I've started this project in autumn 2008,

http://www.scharesoft.de/joomla/forum/s ... hp?t=23061

but after I moved to the officials I've reworked everything a couple times in 2009/ 2010 until everything looked as it looks today. The beginning looked more like Vanilla than the ShotN we know since 2009. ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Dirnae » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 pm

So should me and SGBinky the Clown here come in suits and ties tomorrow?
Our paycheck's are 3 years overdue btw, you should check that out while you're at it.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:54 pm

How old we are and what we wear is totally unimportant.

We are all humans.
Last edited by Muspila on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Dirnae wrote:
Tes96 wrote:
So should me and SGBinky the Clown here come in suits and ties tomorrow?

Ties are pretty cool if you wear them like that

http://yeeeah.com/2008/12/18/jennifer-a ... aked-gq-2/ ;)

I think there is no actual need to change the style of discussion since we are able to work together in a good way. If I only think on our output on ShotN 3d Models in 2010/2011 (1500 - 2000 meshes I guess, I havn't counted them) which allows us to get rid of nearly all public avaialbe resources and to make the Provience of Skyrim totally different compared with the vanilla game and most of the other mod projects out in the scene.

I think this mix of different types of characters in ShotN plus no explicit forum rules makes ShotN what ShotN is. I think it's good counterpart to our strictly organized modding departments where every kind of rock, house or plant for a hold is stated to make sure that every hold has it's unique environment and architecture.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Tes96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:19 am

Boy, I didn't realize people would get that defensive. You should have seen me when I was in my early twenties, late teens; I was pretty obnoxious and immature. Age has a lot to do with maturity. Or else why do you see adults behaving more maturely than kids? Every time I go out in public or to a store, kids are acting like retards. Maybe that's just american kids, though. I mean, there is always an exception to everything. I see adults in the behavioral psych ward acting pretty moronic and I have seen kids who act a lot older than they are. But in general, the older you are, the more mature you are. But I don't want to turn this Tech thread into a humanities thread.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Scamp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Tes96 wrote:Age has a lot to do with maturity. Or else why do you see adults behaving more maturely than kids?

No... maturity has nothing to do with age. It has to do with your life, your experiences and how and under what circumstances you have grown up. Anyway, I am tempted to move this discussion to offtopic from Dirnae's "no-name-calling" post on, though I imagine this thread isn't that important to call this spammy or off-topic discussion.

Postby Dirnae » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Tes96, you have to realise that it's hardly immaturity, just comedy. My post was just parody, and Monkey's was just a joke-troll (well probably, are you a crackhead? I can't tell).

It's a hobby forum, we're just joking around, and if that's too immature for you, you must be a rather tiresome guy!

Postby Tes96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Boy, we could just go on and on forever with this debate, huh?
As far as buying a laptop to run TESIII, is Sager a good company to go with? I've been looking at the NP8170 for a while because it has a 120 Hz matte screen (matte being a little darker and doesn't glare). The processor is average; 2960xm (2.7 to 3.7 Ghz). I'm not sure which card is better, the radeon HD6990 or the GeForce 580m.

But then there's the EON17-S from Origin which can be overclocked from 4.1 to 4.8 GHz on the 2960xm. I prefer a laptop because of the portability. I'm not buying these any time this year so I suppose it really doesn't matter, as something better while come along next year.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion