nicks

nicks

Postby Praedator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Why do modders have different nicks here then on Bethsoft :/

I am a bit embarrassed that I mistook mark-mk2 for a newbie (joined only recently at Bethsoft) trying to say what ShotN should do about a showcase policy.

I reacted defensively being a part of the team trying to say that a showcase is necessary, and agreeing that anyone can pass in one go if they deliver good work straight away.

But what I didn't know was that mark mk2 is Dirnae !! hahaha

It is confusing at the least.

Re: nicks

Postby Worsas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Dirnae has been banned on Bethsoft, therefore the new account.

Postby Praedator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 pm

that is a good explanation Worsas, explains everything thx.

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Yep, banned 4 times, they've given up and just given me warnings again it seems. Shame really, I was hoping to get to at least mk5.
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Postby Praedator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Dirnae wrote:Yep, banned 4 times, they've given up and just given me warnings again it seems. Shame really, I was hoping to get to at least mk5.

so it is like an IP ban?

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Nah, that's the strange thing, they just ban my account and email, and then track my IP.
I never changed it once, so they always knew when it was a new account of mine, maybe they avoid those down there.

Postby Praedator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

do they ban for a certain amount of time, or like blacklist? As 4 bans is pretty serious not?

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:49 pm

No idea, when I was first banned was allowed to come back under certain terms, then got banned a few times, and now I seem to be under the same dealio as before.

They probably just decided to cut me a break, seeing as I just keep making new accounts.

Postby Rattfink333 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:01 am

i personally thought what they banned you for was bs last time. I remember that post. took them a day to catch it.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Dirnae » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 pm

You mean the post I made about ego-heads? Cause that one was a fun-un.

Postby Rattfink333 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:47 am

no, must have missed that one. the one i remember was when you mentioned morroblivion in comparison to another mod a guy was working on.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Dirnae » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 am

Ah, that one, that was a bit older. Banned again for that little censor derail on our thread btw. :lol:

I got no PM, so I've no idea what it was for, but I'm guessing it was either:
- avoiding the Oblivion sucks censor
- comically calling Rohugh a 'son of a she-dog'
- avoiding censors with comical alternatives in general.

Either way, this backs up my opinion that moderators on bethsoft are power-crazy crybabies.
Stick that in your pacifier and suck it, bitches. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

(I'm just going to make mark-mk3 eventually anyway. :D )

Postby SGMonkey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Banned about 6 times myself. Now post as Numidium187 as im sure alot of you know.
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Postby Tes96 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:59 am

Dirnae wrote:Ah, that one, that was a bit older. Banned again for that little censor derail on our thread btw. :lol:

I got no PM, so I've no idea what it was for, but I'm guessing it was either:
- avoiding the Oblivion sucks censor
- comically calling Rohugh a 'son of a she-dog'
- avoiding censors with comical alternatives in general.

Either way, this backs up my opinion that moderators on bethsoft are power-crazy crybabies.
Stick that in your pacifier and suck it, bitches. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

(I'm just going to make mark-mk3 eventually anyway. :D )

Frostfire! BethSoft Forums is practically the gayest, pussiest web forum on the internet! I never heard of the "oblivion sucks" censor so I went and made a preview post at BSF and to my surprise, it changes the text to "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the greatest game in the history of the universe." Same thing for Morrowind. Doesn't work for Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard, Battlespire or Skyrim, though.
Rohugh gave me a warning for linking to http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=129 when talking about flaws in OB versus flaws in SK. Gay gay gay I hate how we have to walk on egg shells when at that site. Same principle applies with modding and making games.

Well any how, I'm glad you're on our side, Dirnae. I'm a fan of your work. I even have posters of your mods up in my dorm room. :ugeek:
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Scamp » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Why would you post "Oblivion sucks" on the BethSoft forum? Only a 4-year-old would phrase constructive criticism like that.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Tes96 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Scamp wrote:Why would you post "Oblivion sucks" on the BethSoft forum? Only a 4-year-old would phrase constructive criticism like that.
Are you asking me or Dirnae?
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Scamp » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Tes96 wrote:Are you asking me or Dirnae?

Probably you since it was you complaining about walking "on egg shells when at that site". By which I mean, you don't have to walk on egg shells if you simply avoid the egg shells (Does that make sense?)

Postby Tes96 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 am

Scamp wrote:
Tes96 wrote:Are you asking me or Dirnae?

Probably you since it was you complaining about walking "on egg shells when at that site". By which I mean, you don't have to walk on egg shells if you simply avoid the egg shells (Does that make sense?)
Ah. Well I never do write a game "sucks". But since Dirnae brought it up, I wanted to test it on the preview screen. And by walking on egg shells, I was implying how our freedom of speech is much more limited there than here, as we can't talk about religion or politics, or even swear on BSF. And to not be able to say that a certain game sucks just... sucks. :D
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Scamp » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Tes96 wrote:Ah. Well I never do write a game "sucks". But since Dirnae brought it up, I wanted to test it on the preview screen. And by walking on egg shells, I was implying how our freedom of speech is much more limited there than here, as we can't talk about religion or politics, or even swear on BSF. And to not be able to say that a certain game sucks just... sucks. :D

The BethSoft forum isn't a forum for religion or politics anyway.

Besides, there is NO video game that completely sucks. I could tell you at least 50 things I love in Oblivion, some things may suck, but I still loved playing it. Claiming that a video game sucks is a terrible arrogance requiring you to do better first. Every game has good elements in it. If one has critique, one can post that. However, saying "it sucks" is really inappropriate, and thus I don't think it's bad to have it banned. (But I see you never do write a game "sucks", so I shall mainly point this at Dirnae ;))

Postby Tes96 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes, shame on Dirnae for saying Oblivion sucks. Although I suppose we can give him a big wet sloppy kiss and let bygones be bygones. :P

I actually have lots of fun playing Oblivion too. I don't take it as seriously as I do Morrowind, as that game is my pride and joy from which my character's manifestation spawned. But the quest writing in TESIV is very creative and unique, I think.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Next

Return to General Discussion