Project Tamriel

Project Tamriel

Postby SGMonkey » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. "General Discussion" and "Skyrim Discussion" both seem to have topics about Skyrim...

Anyway. I just wanted to bring peoples attention to this. Project Tamriel

I had planned to work on this a looong time ago. Way back when I hosted the first SHOTN site. Now I've finally got settled and round to setting it all up.

The idea is to put all the major province mods in one place. Making them more accessible to newcomers and existing project members alike. The main Project Tamriel forum will serve as a place to share information about related areas from each province so that all teams can pool information together. Mainly about borders and such, but also quests, lore and what not.

The main site may not get a huge deal of use to begin with, but I am hoping to get a lot more stuff going on there in the future. Stuff like tutorials, mod hosting and the like. Whilst still keeping everything there nice and simple.

Currently hosted are Province Cyrodiil, High Rock 427, ZackG's New Argon, and Project Outreach.
Administrators from each project have a lot of control over each board. Admins are given the ability to backup the forums database as and when they like. In case of any unforeseen problems. Not that these are likely.

But anyway, enough of me jabbering. I'm sure a few of you have probably seen it already anyway. Feel free to get registered and post any suggestions you may have to improve the site.

Cheers, SGM
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: Project Tamriel

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks SGM, nice to see you again.

For ShotN Forums and the Website (under construction) I think we should keep it as it is at the moment (with the host). Lady Nerevar and I paid the host 5 years in advance one year ago.

There are things we could improve on this board, like a php version update and stuff. We have to do those things sooner or later and it should fix the most little issues on this board I guess.

Help is welcome ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Worsas » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

Couldn't we be linked to on your site anyway?

Postby SGMonkey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm

@ Worsas. I was going to ask you guys if i could linke to you anyway. This thread wasn't me suggesting I host the SHOTN site either.

@ Lestat. Like i said, I wasnt suggesting here that i should host your site, merely letting people know about the project.
Having said that I would like too :P

I would like to help you with this board too. I've noticed lots of pretty big problems with it. Numerous MySQL errors. Its very slow. Cookies arent configured correctly which causes people to get logged out when switching pages. The board is installed in the wrong directory. Plus a few more little things I've noticed.

So if you want help then I'll gladly help you out.
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Postby SGMonkey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 pm

I put together a little example site real quick for you to have a look at.

http://shotn.project-tamriel.com/

Genius...

Return to General Discussion