The Random Idea Thread

Re: The Random Idea Thread

Postby Tes96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 am

roerich wrote:A broken wagon as an activator. The wagon is abandoned in the middle of the road, in an ambush-friendly environment. When the player activates the wagon in search of phat lute, a group of Reachmen (or Redguard insurgents, Nord bandits, Orc barbarians etc.) raiders spawn and attacks the player.

I like your idea Roerich but I'm praying to the Nine that we'll have unique instruments other than lutes... like wood flutes, horns, violins, tamborines, harps, timpanis or kettle drums, tamtam/gong... In the concept art book that comes with the collector's edition, there is a drawing of Sovngarde and there is a Nord playing the violin. I'm not sure what instruments would be appropriate for Nordic culture, though.
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby roerich » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 am

Haha, I was not referring to an actual lute, but to loot. :D

So far we have lutes, orc drums, deerskin drums (not added to data yet, and more of a shamanic instrument), horns (not added to data yet). Wood flutes will surely come, tambourines are a great idea as well. Tamtam/gongs etc. seem more like a Morrowind thing to me.
Thane of Interiors

Postby Scamp » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, tambourines are ancient, we should have some of those.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Tes96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:14 pm

roerich wrote:Haha, I was not referring to an actual lute, but to loot. :D

So far we have lutes, orc drums, deerskin drums (not added to data yet, and more of a shamanic instrument), horns (not added to data yet). Wood flutes will surely come, tambourines are a great idea as well. Tamtam/gongs etc. seem more like a Morrowind thing to me.

Yeah, gongs originate mostly from China, which seems more Morrowindy since they're both eastern and foreign.
What about violins? Not like a modern violin but a primitive looking one. Harps would probably be more in Summerset Isle. I picture the High Elves being the most artsy and musical, since they hold their artists at the top tier. So that'll just have to wait until Bethesda makes a game set in the Isles and a team forms to build the province.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby roerich » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:53 am

Also, Tamriel Rebuilt has Indoril gongs.
Thane of Interiors

Postby Tes96 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:10 am

Yeti wrote:The Pocket Guide to the Empire mentions that King Thain of Solitude has been sponsoring exploratory missions into the Sea of Ghosts. Perhaps one of these can be in the planning stages at the docks of Solitude, with captains recruiting sailors and supplies being procured and loaded.

Recruiting? Wouldn't a lot of the sailors be people who were shanghaied? From what I've heard, many ships would sail into town, go to bars and get certain people drunk, then either knock them out or wait until they were unconscious. And when they woke up, they would find themselves on the ship out in the middle of the ocean and they were forced to do labor or be thrown overboard. Sounds harsh enough for the setting of Skyrim I think.

Also, I found this picture of an iceberg which looks pretty awesome. Maybe we can get something like that made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Scamp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:56 pm

That looks alien! I love it.

Postby Scamp » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

We were just talking on IRC about having some kind of "Frost-Dreugh" with frost resistance. Could use a similar mesh, texture would be a little more blue-tinted, maybe, and glowing eyes might be a neat addition. Thinking about the connection we can make to Morrowind... it would be a little weird to have all things native to Morrowind magically "disappear" as soon as you cross the border. Near Winterhold and Dawnstar may be a good place for them.

Postby Tes96 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Scamp wrote:Thinking about the connection we can make to Morrowind... it would be a little weird to have all things native to Morrowind magically "disappear" as soon as you cross the border. Near Winterhold and Dawnstar may be a good place for them.

Good thinking, Scamp. Zenimax was pretty good at the exterior world design for ESO when it came to crossing province borders. It was either Black Marsh or Elsweyr that had the Morrowind giant mushrooms in their region close to the border. (Only played it a few hours)
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby roerich » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Amber is fossilized Hist resin from the primordial jungle-forest which covered Nirn during the Ehlnofex wars. Some unique amber pieces are fossilized Hist sap, highly valued but does weird tricks on the mind if licked.
Thane of Interiors

Previous

Return to General Discussion