[REQz] County borders

Re: [REQz] County borders

Postby Dirnae » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 am

Also we did decide to only have counties in the more civilised regions. No counties in barbaric old holds.
If we do decide to have any county-like division there it should be something that suits the area better, like an amalgamation of disputed territories.

I've only skimmed that Muspila, but I read that as there is a High King, but hardly ever are they able to control all the holds towards a cause. A symbolic position with less authority than it once had perhaps.
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 am

Dirnae wrote:Also we did decide to only have counties in the more civilised regions. No counties in barbaric old holds.
If we do decide to have any county-like division there it should be something that suits the area better, like an amalgamation of disputed territories.

I keep noticing that the term 'clan' shows up a lot in texts about Nords and their history.

We could have the old holds organized in areas under the reign of clans, either real and powerful families or simply networks of noble people, possibly similar to the great houses, just smaller and less civilised in manner. The Clanhead could be the counterpart of the Jarl then.

Postby Dirnae » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Yep, I was thinking similarly.
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Previous

Return to General Discussion