Spambot prevention

Spambot prevention

Postby SGMonkey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Hello all.

I noticed in the topic at the officials that youve been hit by spambots lately and changed the registration. I also noticed that you have now opted for the Q&A Captcha.

I use the Q&A Captcha on all of my forums as its the least likely to allow spambots of all known Captchas, and it doesn't need to be installed separately as a mod.

However, might I suggest you add more than one question. The answer to the question you have chosen is easily obtained via a google search. It's generally a lot less likely to be broken if you pick multiple and slightly more obscure questions.

That is all!

Keep up the good work!
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Re: Spambot prevention

Postby Scamp » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi SGM!

I'm sure your input is appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have access to the registration stuff, but Lestat will handle this.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Re: Spambot prevention

Postby SGMonkey » Sun May 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Tbh, I think I was being stuipid.

The Q&A doesnt change if you refresh, it limits the questions to one per IP. So there may already be more than one set up.
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Return to General Discussion