Attention all Reviewers

Attention all Reviewers

Postby Yeti » Fri May 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Right now, we have a bit of a pileup of Karthwasten interiors needing review. I can't merge them into the work-in-progress release file until they are reviewed, which means progress on NPCing Karthwasten has started grounding to a halt.

If you are a reviewer who also happens to have an interior claim, please prioritize reviewing interiors over your claim work until the reviewing section empties out a bit. If we could get some claims moved into finished over the next week or two, that would be great. 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Re: Attention all Reviewers

Postby Praedator » Sat May 31, 2014 1:39 pm

I will see to it when I have finished my P:C interior, which is prety soon, thanks from bringing it to attention Yeti :)

Postby Yeti » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Should I ask reviewers from TR to come over here and help with our backlog?

Postby Luxray » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:46 pm

I will treat it as a matter of priority to get 4 or 5 reviews done tomorrow for you, Yeti.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Yeti » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 am

Thanks Luxray! I'd really really really really REALLY appreciate that!!! :)

Can I make some suggestions? I'd like to work on the Poor Inn (Interior #44), the Imperial Cult shrien (Interior #43) and the Redguard Tavern (Interior #70), if possible.

Postby Luxray » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:09 am

Will do, I'll tackle this after lunch. :)
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby roerich » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 am

Remember to download the custom meshes used in #70 (the secret door+doorway as well as the hookahs and hookah equipment)
Thane of Interiors

Postby Yeti » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:45 pm

We really need to stop including stuff in files that hasn't been added to Sky_Data. It makes everything so complicated...

Postby roerich » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:42 pm

I agree, it makes things more complicated. But in general we need more frequent data updates.
Thane of Interiors

Postby roerich » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 am

To reviewers: Please include some of the new items like foodstuff when reviewing and uploading the new file. It would be good to have some consistency with eggs, garlic, cabbage etc. and not have them show up in some places only. For mage ints we also have a lot of new scrolls and enchanted gear.
Thane of Interiors

Postby Yeti » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Any progress on those reviews, Luxray? I know you've been having issues with the updated textures in Sky_Data, but I don't believe you need to postpone your reviews just for that.

I'm thinking of taking our reviewers test to help with the huge pileup of interiors in reviewing. I really want to finish the dialogue and NPC side of Karthwasten before I go back to school in September. I predict not having a ton of free time on my hands then.

Postby Luxray » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Yeah I was having trouble with the textures, I was holding off a little because I would have rather had access to the new stuff with confidence. But as you say, it is a matter of priority. I'll get on with it.

Postby Praedator » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I am back home (had a family member passed away), and I found a new Skyrim Data, so I will sit and review some tomorrow daytime, if everything is included.

Postby Yeti » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Praedator. I appreciate any time you take to review some interiors.

Postby Worsas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am

There are four things I forgot about all along that you need to do with our finished interiors:

- Replace every instance of white_128_01 with Sky_WindowLight_128
- Fix the pathgrid around every instance of Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_03 and Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_01. Due to the limitation of incline you can climb ingame, these stairs have always been a hack of some sort. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Test in each interior if you can climb the stairs. I had one interior where I couldn't get up due to a wooden plank above the stairs. You optimally should test this with a high elf character.
- Check interiors where rugs have been used as tablecloth to see if they still look right. Some rugs have been made much simplier and dirtier with my recent retex but some others could still be used for that purpose.

Postby Praedator » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:50 am

Yeti wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Praedator. I appreciate any time you take to review some interiors.

TY Yeti.

Worsas wrote:There are four things I forgot about all along that you need to do with our finished interiors:

- Replace every instance of white_128_01 with Sky_WindowLight_128
- Fix the pathgrid around every instance of Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_03 and Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_01. Due to the limitation of incline you can climb ingame, these stairs have always been a hack of some sort. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Test in each interior if you can climb the stairs. I had one interior where I couldn't get up due to a wooden plank above the stairs. You optimally should test this with a high elf character.
- Check interiors where rugs have been used as tablecloth to see if they still look right. Some rugs have been made much simplier and dirtier with my recent retex but some others could still be used for that purpose.

I will look for the lights and rugs, and won't do any playtesting on this PC (Work)

Postby Scamp » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:05 am

Worsas wrote:- Fix the pathgrid around every instance of Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_03 and Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_01. Due to the limitation of incline you can climb ingame, these stairs have always been a hack of some sort. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What exactly do you mean by "pathgrid"?
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Worsas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Scamp wrote:
Worsas wrote:- Fix the pathgrid around every instance of Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_03 and Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Stairs_01. Due to the limitation of incline you can climb ingame, these stairs have always been a hack of some sort. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What exactly do you mean by "pathgrid"?

Pathgrids are added in interiors so npcs know where they can walk. It is something the npcer takes care of. As the stairs were not straight but wider at the top before, yeti made the pathgrid so that npcs will run over the rim of the stairs now and get stuck or fall down.

Postby Scamp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Alright, I was wondering because you're posting this in a thread about reviews, which is generally unrelated to NPCing... I will admit though that I don't know a better place to post it myself right now.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Return to General Discussion