Hello From SirEyeball

Hello From SirEyeball

Postby SirEyeball » Fri May 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I am Danish and a former English teacher.
I am inept in modding. I will however be glad to help with Norse sounding words and names for items, places and books.
A skjald is the Norse name for bard for instance. I will of course keep it within the lore.
If you need it I could also write some short sagas(personal stories) for the books and maybe some quests that would be typical in a Nord/Norse enviroment. It would then be up to you great modders to incorporate it in the world.
Sir Eyeball
Loving that Morrowind is not forgotten

Re: Hello From SirEyeball

Postby Praedator » Fri May 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Sounds like a good offer to me :D

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Welcome to our forums SirEyeball,

actually it sounds very interesting and it would be great to have someone in the team who is speaking a native norse tongue, since none of us is from a norse country. Personally I'm a big fan of the vikings and their history and society.

Could you write a skald (like it could be possibly found in a barrow) or something similar and post it in the showcase section?
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby SirEyeball » Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Sure thing Ill get right on it.
It would be a short piece just but so are most of the books.
Just to clarify A Skjald is a Bard or a teller of stories. He or she (there were no female Skjalds in real life but for the sake of the game) would be telling sagas which usually are short stories. There are epic Sagas such as Eddas Saga Which are quite long.
Sir Eyeball

Postby Worsas » Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 am

Hello SirEyeball,

great to have a connoisseur of the skjald-mead among us. Welcome!

Postby SirEyeball » Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Thx
I am indead a drinker of mead (mjød) :D
And a lover of norse history :ugeek:
Sir Eyeball

Postby Hayabusa153 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Ah, welcome.
"Why are signatures so important? Because we said so!" -Hayabusa153

Wait, let me guess. Someone stole your CS?

Postby SirEyeball » Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Since I am new here could someone fill me in on how to get to work. As a writer I could do scripts for npcs, books and quests + what else needs writing, but I haven't got a clue as to how these texts get into the game. I imagine writing some docs and attaching them to a post and then someone who is not me apply them to the mod? Also what needs doing and how do I do it without stepping on someone's toes. Lastly in case of quests, should they only be local or can they include TR mods, morrowind + updates + other regions if they are build? (thinking travels between regions and such.) If its the latter is it possible for us to add npc to these areas?
Sir Eyeball

Postby Yeti » Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 am

First of all, welcome to the team, SirEyeball :D

SirEyeball wrote: I imagine writing some docs and attaching them to a post and then someone who is not me apply them to the mod?

This is how it is currently done with books and documents. Feel free to post any ideas you have for these in the literature section of the forum.

scripting and questing however requires use of the Construction Set. However, it isn't extremely difficult to learn how to use. I managed to figure it out and I'm usually useless at using computer programs.

SirEyeball wrote: Also what needs doing and how do I do it without stepping on someone's toes.

Well, if you're interested mainly in writing stuff, you can write a book about anything you want as long as it's related to Elder Scrolls and fits the setting of Skyrim. You can also come up with quest ideas for the lands we are currently working on.

Most other mod related tasks are handled through claims which a modder can sign up to work on by posting in threads for unclaimed claims.

SirEyeball wrote: Lastly in case of quests, should they only be local or can they include TR mods, morrowind + updates + other regions if they are build? (thinking travels between regions and such.) If its the latter is it possible for us to add npc to these areas?

At the moment, our quests should only be local, set in the lands we are making.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby SirEyeball » Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 am

Great thx I will get right to it and write a couple of books.
Sir Eyeball

Return to Introduce yourself