Hi all!

Hi all!

Postby Kailani1154 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a writer, explorer, anthropologist and real-life northerner. I've been in love with the medium of video games as a form of creative expression for decades, and The Elder Scrolls is not only one of my favourite works in the medium, but one of my favourite works of fiction in general.

As a passionate fan and follower of the series and someone who is really invested in the generative, communal power this medium has, I have to say I'm really excited by what's going on in the TES III modding community right now: I'm also registered on the Province: Cyrodiil, Tamriel Rebuilt and OpenMW forums, I think the potential of all of these projects is simply staggering and I'd love to help any way I can.

It's the world of Skyrim that I have to say is the closest and most personal to me though. Aside from TES V being the game that rekindled my love of The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim itself evokes many real-world places that are quite special and important to me, and I can see that manifest in whatever form the world presents itself, certainly including this project. Being able to help bring Skyrim to life in a new form would mean a lot to me.

I've done a little modding myself in the past and am experimenting with a long-term modding project of my own for TES III and TES V, though nothing on quite this scale, I'll admit. Since my background is writing and anthropology, I'm certainly very interested in lore and the evolution of the different cultures of Skyrim, in particular the ancient Nords and the Reachmen. I also have an interest in photography and visual imagery: I don't know if your designers are still looking for reference pictures, but I can certainly contribute there too. And of course, I'd be happy to spread the word as best I can if and when the team wants that.

Regardless, thanks very much for having me and for putting so much time, effort and passion into such an incredible project!
Last edited by Kailani1154 on Sat May 17, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Hi all!

Postby Scamp » Sat May 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Cheers! Welcome to our forums.

Feel free to contribute! We can use every helping hand that we can get. I love your enthusiasm :D
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Kailani1154 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Thank you-I'd be delighted to!

Postby maruhkati » Sat May 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Glad you made it!

Postby roerich » Sun May 18, 2014 10:10 am

That all sounds great, welcome along!
Thane of Interiors

Postby Luxray » Sun May 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello and welcome. (Just where are you all coming from?)
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Praedator » Sun May 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Welcome to the forums Kailani, it is very clear from your introduction that you are a much better writer than me :)

[edit] typo
Last edited by Praedator on Thu May 22, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kailani1154 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:04 am

Hi everyone-Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Luxray (dig the handle, BTW: Pokémon is another one of my loves) We come out of the woodwork when you least expect us ;-)

@Praedator haha Well, I don't know about that, but words did happen to be the medium I found the easiest to express myself through. Which is oftentimes annoying, because I also consider myself a very visual and auditory person.

Return to Introduce yourself