Model Request

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Model Request

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 am

If you need a model for your current claim that isn't in the latest Skyrim_Data (in that case we havn't made it yet) post a request here.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Re: Model Request

Postby Rattfink333 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 am

i'd like some broken weapons for later. but i would like some broken/shattered cavern beams for the collapsed sections of the mine i am working on. thanks
Paladin of Vaermina

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Rattfink, sorry for the late reply.

I can make a few broken beams for you. I'll try to get them done by tomorrow.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Check these. I hope they fulfill your requirements.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Rattfink333 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 pm

looks good. thanks
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby SamirA » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm

I love the new lights in the latest data, but I would like to see a few more nord style lights. A few candles that liik more hand-dipped would be a good look I think. Also in the next data can we please get some more variation in the lighting? Right now we have the candlestand that is 256, a 128 and maybe a larger one would be good also and some of our smaller lights could also get 256's or 64's.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I've modeled the candlestand and chandelier from a TES5 Screen.

As soon as TES5: Skyrim is out I'll start to model the complete clutter and furniture set of the game from scratch. By rebuilding the vertex structure of the orginial mesh I'm able to make a nearly 1:1 dupicate of the original.

It should work on weapon and armor as well, but I havn't tested it on armor yet...

It's only important to keep the WIP save files to prove that it is made from scratch and not stolen from TES5.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 am

How about some color variations for the various chandles?

Postby SamirA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 pm

I wouldn't mind color variation as well (make sure the light color matches up), but make sure it's colors that make sense to nords. I think maybe a more yellow color for one would be good, especially on stuff that should be a beeswax type candle.

Postby SamirA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:00 pm

The orc tent door is still an area of need. We have several orc interiors that can't technically be finished as we have no usable door. The current model does not fit the hole for it and also blends in with the fabric of the tent too much the be usable (the exterior door probably should be changed too). To me this is a priority model seeing as we have "finished" interiors still awaiting a proper door.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey,

thanks for your report.

Try these doors.

Install it under Meshes/ Sky/ d

Now the Engine should load the models in the folder instead of the models in the BSA

If there are still any problems with the door, please post again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby SamirA » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:55 am

That certainly fixes the need of texture differentiation, but still doesn't adress the problem of their being tent mesh visible behind the door. When you put this door in the fram you can still see tent texture behind it at the bottom. This leads you to believe that there is a wall behind the door and you can't get out. Something should either be added to the door mesh (like a black plane perhaps) or the tent meshes to address this. It needs to be clear that you can in fact enter and exit the tent.

We are getting there though. I love this new texture, it is perfect.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:59 am

Hi,

try out these and tell me if they fulfill their function.
The texture hopefully should be even perfecter now.

Edit: The ones lestat posted above were my first attempt.

Postby SamirA » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:15 pm

The new orc door fits perfectly. I have updated the orc tent file in finished claims to include a door now so it is finished and ready for merge completely now. That tent should serve as the basis for everyone else when making orc tents, and everyone shold look at it when placing tent doors. The door drapes over the bottom beam making it appear to be a fabric door. Well done all around and the next textures used in the tents and on the door are fantastic.

Postby Rattfink333 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:18 pm

I'd like to request some blue-green and bight purple lichen. Possibly glow mapped. for light sources to backlight spring and pools for effect. thanks
Paladin of Vaermina

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 am

I'm going to make something for you today which lestat can include in his skyrim-data-update this weekend. I hope that is not too late for you :)

Postby Rattfink333 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 pm

that'll work. just claimed a cave. but ain't started it yet. Thanks!
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Scamp » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Can we maybe have a cavern door for cave claims that is NOT a loaddoor, which means it's NOT black with some trays, but an actual solid door that opens if you activate it instead of teleporting.

I don't exactly need it for my claim now, so it has time, but it shall be useful for future claims.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Scamp wrote:Can we maybe have a cavern door for cave claims that is NOT a loaddoor, which means it's NOT black with some trays, but an actual solid door that opens if you activate it instead of teleporting.

This.

I would like a solid (no gaps) interior (can be opened from both directions without teleporting) door that will fit in Sky_In_Cave_Rock_04_Doorway00 asap.

Thank you.
Tes96 wrote:By the Silver Caverns, what exactly is a heightmap?!

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Here you go.

This door actually has very tiny gaps, the player shouldn't be able to see through it, but monsters and npcs might see him through.
I hope it is not an issue, but you tell me.

Next

Return to Models & Textures