Model Request

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: Model Request

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 am

Worsas wrote:I fear we will be forced to look for assistance from outside, by people who are skilled in making faces.

That's true, I'll ask for assistance tonight at BGSF.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Luxray » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:00 am

Can we still request stuff? I would really like retextures of misc_de_cloth10, misc_de_cloth11 and misc_de_foldedcloth 00. Having extra colours of cloth would be useful (but not essential by any means).
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I will try to look for something suitable here.

Postby Luxray » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks! (I wish I could model. I tried it once, there was blood.)
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm lacking creativity. For now I have only made one retextured version of each of the three cloth-pieces with tx_skyrim_canvas_01.dds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Luxray » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 pm

These are great, thanks for spending your time on them. :D [As an aside, poor Caius is probably wondering why I keep using his house as a testing cell]

Postby Yeti » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 am

I would to have some individual skeleton pieces (forearms, skulls, leg bones, ect) added to data. TR has some, so we should ask them for them (I believe PC has them too).
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Yeti » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Someone re-made some Skyrim ruins for Morrowind: link Wolli's using them for his Solstheime Overhaul.

Also, whatever happend to all those creatures Gaylord made? I believe he finished a Wereboar, Dragonling, Harpy, and Vultur for us, though perhaps he didn't animate them, from what I remember.

Postby Worsas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Yeti wrote:Someone re-made some Skyrim ruins for Morrowind: link Wolli's using them for his Solstheime Overhaul.

I would try them out. After all they look like they would fit to the other ruin-pieces I have made. The tower, in particular, looks good.

Yeti wrote:Also, whatever happend to all those creatures Gaylord made? I believe he finished a Wereboar, Dragonling, Harpy, and Vultur for us, though perhaps he didn't animate them, from what I remember.

From what I have heard Gaylord has lost all of his creatures.

Postby Worsas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 pm

My thoughts regarding Momos Resource:

There are a number of really useful-looking pieces in that set which on itself is surprisingly big. To my delight, I also saw that momos textures fit seamlessly to the textures I made for the other ruin-pieces.

There is a slight issue involved: Momo says that his resource has to be used unmodified. But I would like to try to fix the uv-seams it has. Alternatively I would exchange the used texture with the one I made which does a good job in hiding texture-seams.

Momo also requests people to contact him, if they wish to use his pieces. In that course I would ask him, if such changes as said above would be acceptable to him. When those Issues are out of the way, I would move onto combining my, momos and lord berandas pieces into a common set. And afterwards I would make a unified nordic-ruin/barrow-interior-set for this mod.

Good idea?

Postby Luxray » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:16 pm

I think it sounds like a good idea. Pretty lucky that the textures are so close, I imagine that will save a lot of work.

Postby Worsas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Good news:
I have contacted Momo and he has given us permission to use and modify his tiles. :O)

Postby Yeti » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Worsas wrote:From what I have heard Gaylord has lost all of his creatures.

That's a real shame. I could have sworn he had said he'd sent some of them to Lestat.

Also I read in the Solstheim Overhaul thread at the official forums that a modder called Elterin made those ruin pieces, or at least converted them from an Oblivion mod. Of course, Momo and Elterin might simply be the same people for all I know. 8-)

Edit: Also, great to hear that we have permission to use the ruin models :mrgreen:

Postby Luxray » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I imagine they are either free-use or they are the same person, it would be pretty bad form to offer someone else's work as a resource without their permission. That was fast, Worsas!

Postby Worsas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Momo is the original maker of the set. We are safe from trouble!

Postby Luxray » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah, Elterin is the person doing a load of resource conversions from Oblivion to Morrowind. Here's the thread:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/125205 ... onversion/

Postby RubberMan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Not part of the team but quite happy to help out Le Stat on the modelling. If you need any statics (hate doing other stuff) then feel free to give me a shout (and a screen shot) and let me know what you want.

Postby Griff » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 am

Would it be possible to model dust particles floating around ?, for interiors to make them feel more grotty/dirty. And we need more furniture for the poor/farmers also little bits n pieces for the poor like dirty pillows, stained rugs/tapestry's, and also less colourful ones ? as poor people wouldn't be able afford all these colourful types. man i wish i could model :( maybe i should try and learn.
Interiors completed: 9

Postby Worsas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:50 am

@Griff: Lestat was speaking of a big furniture update to me lately which may bring some of the variety, you ask for. And our current rugs and tapestries will sooner or later get retextured anyway, I believe. They are pretty bad.

If I may suggest something:
We need the blue palace of Solitude, if we want to be taken serious in future. It is an important building with a troubled history and should not be missed by us.
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blue_Palace

Should you do this: Please note that you have to make model and textures from scratch, preferably using photo-sources (or textures from our data files). The result does not have to 100% match the blue palace of TES V either, only should do the name justice.

Postby RubberMan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 am

Any better screen shots?

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures