Berandas' workshop

Berandas' workshop

Postby Lord Berandas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I hope the sleds can be considered done, I used some textures from Skyrim_data, if you don't like them, feel free to change them with NifSkope for more suitable ones.

And here are the tents. If anyone can faind out what's causing those weird thing on the canvas, I would really apreciate that. Also the door need some tweaking, because the animation is not working ingame.

In the future I would like to finish the malachite weapons set, I need some better UV unwrap for them. Also I would like to see the mamoth finished, but that's a larger piece of work...

edit: file deleted, updated file posted on page 3
Last edited by Lord Berandas on Mon May 20, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Re: Berandas' workshop

Postby Worsas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:37 pm

I saw in the cs that your tent-door-activator refers to xnordic_tent_door.nif instead of nordic_tent_door.nif. Did you try using the latter yet?
Once you have made the animation work, don't forget to add textkeys to the animated door like I have explained in your showcase. Likev that the animation can be controlled with a script.

Woooot for progress!

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 am

Oh I see, so that was the problem...it's working now. Just...where should I add those textkeys? in the script editor and assign the script to the door?

Postby Worsas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 am

You must define two different animation groups, idle and idle2. you can do that in blender 2.49 in the text editor in a document called "anim" (it is automatically generated if you export the model with animation the first time, reexport it when you have edited the Anim-Text)

Add lines as following (I'm assuming that the entance is closed in frame 1 and opens itself between frame 1 and 30):
1/idle: Start
30/idle: Loop Start/idle: Loop Stop/idle: Stop

Now assuming that the door is open in frame 30 and closes again between frame 31 and 60
31/idle2: Start
60/idle2: Loop Start/idle2: Loop Stop/idle2: Stop

So the anim-document would look as follows:
1/idle: Start
30/idle: Loop Start/idle: Loop Stop/idle: Stop
31/idle2: Start
60/idle2: Loop Start/idle2: Loop Stop/idle2: Stop

To make the entrance act as door ingame, you will have to attach a script to it in the cs where you utilize those animation groups. So there are two steps involved. I can only show you the first one, but the scripting part really can't be too difficult.

Btw. I found the cause of your "texture-problem". It's messed up vertex color. You get rid of that by going into the vertex-color-mode (having selected the affected mesh) and making a single click on the mesh, preferably so that you don't paint over a shaded area. The vertex-color-seam will go then.

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 am

uh, wow, how simple...thanks, texture glitches are gone, doors are working, but they give me this error in Warnings.txt :

Texture "Textures\Tx_greenglow.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\Tx_glass_6th_jewel.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\enviro 01.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\Tx_wood_weathered_rings.dds" count 2.

...and I have no idea what could that mean.

Postby Worsas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Lord Berandas wrote:uh, wow, how simple...thanks, texture glitches are gone, doors are working, but they give me this error in Warnings.txt :

Texture "Textures\Tx_greenglow.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\Tx_glass_6th_jewel.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\enviro 01.dds" count 3.
Texture "Textures\Tx_wood_weathered_rings.dds" count 2.

...and I have no idea what could that mean.

Those error-messages are probably completely unrelated. As long as you are not getting messages about animation errors or textures missing... :geek:

Postby Rattfink333 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm

it just means you have multiple copies of that texture in your data. Morrowind will only use the dds if you have one. ignoring a tga and bmp. It's selection order is DDS->TGA->BMP. in that order. so you probably have a tga and maybe a bitmap texture also with that name you can get rid of in your data files.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Well, that would make sense, but there are no files of exact name in my "Textures" directory, perhaps there are the same names in some .bsa archieves (TR,P:C,ShotN), but this error started to show when I manage to get the animation work. And I am not even using textures of these names...I hope that's just an .esp issue.

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 am

Here is the last version of tent set. I have fixed some minor flaws.

edit: file deleted, updated file posted on page 3
Last edited by Lord Berandas on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks Berandas for making those tents :)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Lord Berandas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 am

Hi guys, how goes the progress on the mod?

I had some free time recently, so I finished those malachite weapons. Textures are nothing fancy, but it's better, than untextured mesh. :)

Malachite_weapons.part1.rar

Malachite_weapons.part2.rar

How about the tents and sleds? Are they working fine?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:34 am

Hi Berandas,

the tents are very cool, they will be part of the next Skyrim Data Version. Good job

I'm not sure what to do with the malachite weapons, since the weapons itself (even in TES5) look not nordic at all, they are purely elvish design and malachite was never mentioned in The Elder Scrolls before TES5.

Also they look exactly like the models from TES5. Remaking models from other TES Games exactly 1:0.99 is a good thing, nothing is wrong with it and I often do it by myself. But in case of such good, close remakes it is necessary to keep and submit the WIP Saves of different stages of progress to prove (to Bethesda or a lawer if necessary) that the models are remakes and not ports from other TES titles. Without that WIP files is it too hot to use the weapons since we can not prove that they are not taken from TES5.

For example for my Oblivion Reman Ruin remakes I have a folder of 5.4 GB WIP files, if there will ever be any doubt that the models are made from scratch I could always prove it by uploading Bethesda the WIP files.

If you still have the WIP files it would be helpful to share them for the archives and as a proof to Bethesda if necessary.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Lord Berandas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Well, I guess, I have no WIP saves of those models, but on the other hand, I think it's quite obvious, that these meshes were created by me. I don't know what polycount do TES5 weapons have, but I guess, it's much more than my models and I truly created them from scratch.
Speaking of what was mentioned in earlier TES games...does this mean, that TES5 isn't taken as much "lore" as previous games? I know, there were some hard changes in lore, or world-working, such as change of beast race physiology. We can assume, that lore from older games is mostly superior to lore from newer ones?
And as for the elvish design...is that your personal opinion, or is that lore-confirmed somehow? :) Yes, these weapons have some similarities in the shape, but I don't think, they can be called entirely elvish, but in the matter of fact, morrowind glass weapons were also created by elves (I assume), so who knows...anyways, the major reason for not including malachite weapons is that they are unsufficiently covered in lore?
Well, if there is no use for these, just trash them.

Btw, is the list in Misc Modelling Jobs topic up to date? Just if you dont need any other things...

Postby french ninja » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 am

The Glass armor we know and love from the previous games comes specifically from volcanic glass deposits of Red Mountain.

TES III Glass was traditional dunmeri craftsmanship:

TES IV Glass is smithed in a way that (I assume) conforms to Cyrodiilic designs:

However, TES V Glass is very different and not just the blue green color (the image below is a retexture):
While the previous games had glass coming from volcanic glass, TES V states that this particular design is made of a combination of moonstone and malachite. Malachite is a mineral formed from weathered copper while moonstone is a particular metal vital to the creation of aldmeri armor. Another interesting observation is that high level aldmeri soldiers wear glass armor and use glass weapons.

Personally, I have the theory that the glass we see in TES V is not the same glass from previous games, but is in fact an aldmeri replication with different materials.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Lord Berandas » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 am

Yes, I also think, that Morrowind glass is some sort of obsidian, while TES5 glass is forged from malachite.
Since there were no glass mines in TES4 and glass armor cannot be forged, we can only guess. Personally, I would say that TES4 glass is also some sort of malachite.
Perhaps there raises another question, if malachite forgery comes from elves, were malachite weapons used during the timeline of Morrowind, or is it younger and creations from malachite appeared shortly before TES5 timeline?

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 am

Lord Berandas wrote:Well, I guess, I have no WIP saves of those models, but on the other hand, I think it's quite obvious, that these meshes were created by me. I don't know what polycount do TES5 weapons have, mbut I guess, it's much more than my models and I truly created them from scratch.
Speaking of what was mentioned in earlier TES games...does this mean, that TES5 isn't taken as much "lore" as previous games? I know, there were some hard changes in lore, or world-working, such as change of beast race physiology. We can assume, that lore from older games is mostly superior to lore from newer ones?
And as for the elvish design...is that your personal opinion, or is that lore-confirmed somehow? :) Yes, these weapons have some similarities in the shape, but I don't think, they can be called entirely elvish, but in the matter of fact, morrowind glass weapons were also created by elves (I assume), so who knows...anyways, the major reason for not including malachite weapons is that they are unsufficiently covered in lore?
Well, if there is no use for these, just trash them.

Btw, is the list in Misc Modelling Jobs topic up to date? Just if you dont need any other things...

I wouldn't say the newer TES titles didn't take as much lore as the previous titles, but unfortunally Bethesda change it and weaken it with every new title. For example before TES4 Cyrodiil was a rain forest jungle in most parts and TES4 changed it to a medieval europe environment. Actually it was possible to make jungles in open world style games at it's time, Crysis for example has awesome jungles and both games are nearly the same age, another example are the dwemer and falmer we know in TES5.

For the design of the malachite weapons: The glass weapons from Morrowind are also elvish, that's true. I think in general we could say that elves have a much more playful style to forge their weapons and armor than humans, esspecially the nord. Also the human races differ in the design of Weapon and Armor in TES, like nord designs are more brute than imperial designs for example, but they all are different to the weapons that came from the elves.

I think there is no need to trash the weapons, if it's ok for you I'll put them in the archives since we never could really say there will be no use for them in future, since it is a long time project and we are still not sure how we will handle the falmer...if they are disappered without leaving anything behind like mentioned in pre TES5 books or if there will be well hidden underground ruins with artifacts from the snow elvish culture.

For the misc modelling jobs: Yes, the list is pretty much up to date. I'm working on a horn flute and some meat meshes in between, but I havn't removed them from the list since they are not finished. My main focus at the moment are the exterior houses for Markarth Side and the reman ruins. If you also wanna do meat it's no problem, we could share it, we just should talk about who is making what to avoid to have the same meat 2 times...but even if it happens it shouldn't be a problem since meat could always be used as another kind of meat.

Btw. have you experience in modelling tile sets and architecture? It would be a big help for future sets cause since Worsas left the team I'm the only one who is working on architecture and tilesets. :|
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Worsas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:30 pm

How about this being loot in Direnni-Ruins?

Postby Lord Berandas » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello guys!
I have created simple snail model some time ago and I had no use for it, recently an idea crossed my mind...there are no such creatures as slugs or snails on Vvardenfell, even there is whole swamp region, where they could live pretty well...so, the idea is that they will posses quite rare ingredient, because they spawn (something as pickable object or container, not as a creature, but with some randomized locations) in treetops or higher grounds for example in Bitter Coast Region, on the mainland or perhaps in Cyrodiil. This means that the only way of extracting them is to use leviation or telekinesis spell/potion, which makes another use for these spells and also some...excitement for alchemists. Well, it's just a buch of ideas, more related to Morrowind, TR or P:C, than to Skyrim, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. :)

Also, I have some time to work on models in the next few days, so...if there are still some pieces of architecture, that needs to be created from sketches, or some other objects, just say... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Yeti » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am

Lord Berandas wrote: Also, I have some time to work on models in the next few days, so...if there are still some pieces of architecture, that needs to be created from sketches, or some other objects, just say... ;)

The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is that our Reachmen exterior models need interiors.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Worsas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am

Yeti wrote:
Lord Berandas wrote: Also, I have some time to work on models in the next few days, so...if there are still some pieces of architecture, that needs to be created from sketches, or some other objects, just say... ;)

The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is that our Reachmen exterior models need interiors.

No offense, but I think I should do those myself, yeti.

I've got a few ideas. I hope one of them catches your interest:

-Extending my barrows-exterior-set so it circumpasses elements from TES V - Barrows.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=280

-Making something else from the misc modelling-jobs-thread (some of the meats listed have been done a short while ago, though)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=154

-Finishing your mammoth

-Modelling an ice wraith

Next

Return to Models & Textures