Berandas' workshop

Re: Berandas' workshop

Postby Luxray » Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 pm

I really like it! :)
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Lord Berandas » Sat May 11, 2013 9:32 pm

KingHelseth wrote:Cool.
If we put them in they should be present in eastern Skyrim, near the border with High Rock, because http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bestiary_W

Well, there is no need to have dozens of them lurking around, it could be a dungeon boss or something.
I believe the ability to play as a wereboar would make our mod a little more popular, what do you think?

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but I prefer Gaylord's model of a wereboar. Unfortunately I don't think he ever uploaded it.

Personally I don't like it, it has absolutely great texturing and good mesh topology, but its stylisation doesnt exactly fit the wereboar - it looks more like some humanoid-bat-demon-thing, than a natural lycantrope.

Basically it's very similar to the werewolf model, it's just more muscular, or less slim and a bit taller. It's using complete werewolf animation, I just modified some typically wolfish parts of animation.
When I add the 1st person mesh and head as separate nifs, it should be fully usable as player character.
As usual, I have now some isssues with exporting all the stuff...

Postby Yeti » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am

I like your Wereboar, Berandas. The only thing about it that I think would be worth changing are the tusks at the end of the mouth. The way they stick out of the thin tip of the lower jaw makes it look they aren't firmly attached to the creature.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby KingHelseth » Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 am

I think that a couple of wereboars could be lurking around the border and one could be in a dungeon. They could be part of a quest where people of a town are scared because of some mysterious attacks to their sheeps. They ask for your help, thinking that the attacks were made by wolves. You then find out about a wereboar lurking in the forest and you have to kill him. Just a really simple idea. Or maybe a fighters guild guild.
I think it will make it more interesting.
May Talos guide you

Postby Lord Berandas » Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 am

Yeti wrote:The only thing about it that I think would be worth changing are the tusks at the end of the mouth. The way they stick out of the thin tip of the lower jaw makes it look they aren't firmly attached to the creature.

I already added a tongue mesh, so it doesn't look so weird.

KingHelseth wrote:They could be part of a quest where people of a town are scared because of some mysterious attacks to their sheeps.

Do wereboars eat sheeps? And will there be any real sheeps? :D

Postby Worsas » Sun May 12, 2013 12:05 pm

If you can be troubled to perform another improvement, perhaps tweak the claws of the creature so the fingers are better separated from the nails.

You may also have a look at the minotaur in Skyrim-Data to check if there are certain ways you could add some additional alpha fur around the arms. Otherwise they look a little plain to me the way they are.

Postby Lord Berandas » Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 pm

I'll look at the claws, but I didn't want to add any hanging fur to the arms, because boars dont have fur like wolves, so his bristles (is this the proper word?) are more consistent with the body...
I am finishing the texture now, I'll post updated screen later.

Postby KingHelseth » Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, I said sheeps just to make an example.
May Talos guide you

Postby Lord Berandas » Wed May 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Soo, here is nearly finished Wereboar model. You can examine it in Seyda Neen, also compare it to the werewolf.
It won't be able to attack you, since it's not an NPC. To have it working as NPC I just have to decapitate it and save the head as separate .nif...and perhaps fix some bugs and solve half dozen of errors.
To have it working as player character I would have to create 1st person claws...and fix errors.

I didn't do anything with neck thickness, since it doesn't have a proper rest pose, so it would be a mess - I tried. But I believe it's not such a big issue, since it has overal more humanoid shapes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdyulk5dxk41rkt

Postby Worsas » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

I've just been able to give your plugin a look.

It does not look too similar with the werewolf, in my opinion. The mediocre size it shares with the Werewolf makes it look more detailled and highres too than it first looked on your above screenshot. So it's really just about the right amount of detail for the size it has. It's going to be a great addition to the province. We've only got to look for a good place to introduce it.

I have to say that the mammoth suffers from a strange start-running transition, where it seemingly floats above the ground whenever I move away from it in combat. It's kinda odd.

Postby Lord Berandas » Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 am

Problem with Mammoth? I didn't notice anything, perhaps I messed something before the last export. I'll look at it and upload it again...also, please, check the mammoth's collision, I had some problem with it.

edit: I was unable to reproduce it in Blender, NifSkope, or not even ingame. Can you check if it's messed in NifSkope or just ingame?

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 pm

@ Berandas

Hi mate, I've moved the downloads to the Internal Section, otherwise they are visible by anyone else, even unregistrated users, and people will use or convert your stuff without asking you for permission.

I hope it is ok for you
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Mon May 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey mate,

are you interested to make a sabercat? Once Dirnae made a good one, but everything was lot in a HD crash, so his cat never arrived at Skyrim Data...unfortunally
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon May 27, 2013 10:03 pm

ah, don't remind me HDD crases, I lost about 1,3TB of data that way, several months ago. It still hurts, when I remember.

Animating another 4-legged animal is going to kill me, but I can try. Do you have some reference, special requirements? When it needs to be done?

Postby Lord Berandas » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:15 pm

I created new meshes for signal fire log piles, they're available in download section.

Postby Luxray » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm

for berandas: an idea of how the sword-rack thing should look. You don't have to include the swords, I guess, since there are plenty available :)

sword rack.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Lord Berandas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Here it is - it's roughly based on your sketch.
Hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6u5rh ... n_rack.nif

Postby Worsas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Lord Berandas wrote:Here it is - it's roughly based on your sketch.
Hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6u5rh ... n_rack.nif

What the hell.... is that?

Postby Luxray » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:52 am

There's a fixed download in the download-section, Worsas. (that said, I have no idea what went wrong with this file; looks like some sort of modern sculpture, haha)

Looks great Berandas, pretty much just how I imagined it! After a little testing in-game I have some requests -- could you please make the size of the gap at the top about 50% narrower, as well as making the rack about 20% taller in height. This is so that sword hilts rest more naturally and long blades don't bleed into the bottom cross-bar. If you need to make the rack a bit longer to keep the proportions the same, please do.

Thanks so much for making this though! It will fit the barracks nicely. And hopefully some of the other modellers can critique your actual file also!

Postby Worsas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 am

Luxray wrote:There's a fixed download in the download-section, Worsas. (that said, I have no idea what went wrong with this file; looks like some sort of modern sculpture, haha)

Looks great Berandas, pretty much just how I imagined it! After a little testing in-game I have some requests -- could you please make the size of the gap at the top about 50% narrower, as well as making the rack about 20% taller in height. This is so that sword hilts rest more naturally and long blades don't bleed into the bottom cross-bar. If you need to make the rack a bit longer to keep the proportions the same, please do.

Thanks so much for making this though! It will fit the barracks nicely. And hopefully some of the other modellers can critique your actual file also!

Ah right, i see, the actual weapon rack looks a lot better! :D In fact it looks quite good even.

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures