Reachmen Faces

Reachmen Faces

Postby Worsas » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 am

I hate to bring this up again, but those faces that were put into Skyrim-Data pretty much show the contrary of what Reachmen should look like, the tattoos aside (which again should be left to their shamans and wizards anyway). It would have been better if you had sticked with a smaller amount of more fitting faces, or at least that's what you should aim for next, in my opinion.

Also the haircuts struck me more as cyrodillic haircuts, especially the woman-one. What haircuts to use? Nord hair cuts, rastas or punks. Something tribal.

And regarding the faces themselves, at least half of the guys should be wearing beards. There isn't such a thing like a well-shaved Reachman, no matter if he's living in a tribal community or in the slums of Karthwasten.

I'm going to show you one face I have made the day before yesterday that goes a bit more into a direction I would agree with (most of them should look less creepy than this, though), at least there is a slight hint of bigger highelven-inheritance on this face, even if it's not perfect:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/reachguy.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/reachguy2.jpg

I guess that this probably comes at a bad timing seeing the npcing that finally wants to get completed, but then again provisional solutions are not called-for in a release, seeing that we need another Skyrim-data-Update anyway and exchanging a few faces is a matter of minutes when we are there.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: Reachmen Faces

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 pm

The face looks very cool and original reachmen, much more tribal than the faces I've made in hurry to provide anything we have to work with. Actually I havn't made the texture, I just added the tattoos on emmas breton heads.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby french ninja » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:57 pm

I would use both types of faces, to show the genetic diversity of the Reachmen.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Worsas » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 am

I saw a number of interesting haircuts in westlys master headpack. However, the process of getting permission for those shouldn't turn out to be too easy. So I'll try to make my own hairs using some of those as role-model. If you can get permission from Westly and any person involved, it's going to be the better.

There are also a number of clothing-pieces in Fine Clothiers of Tamriel that do not look like they would require better bodies, for example some of the leather trousers.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Worsas wrote:I saw a number of interesting haircuts in westlys master headpack. However, the process of getting permission for those shouldn't turn out to be too easy. So I'll try to make my own hairs using some of those as role-model. If you can get permission from Westly and any person involved, it's going to be the better.

There are also a number of clothing-pieces in Fine Clothiers of Tamriel that do not look like they would require better bodies, for example some of the leather trousers.

Some of Westlys hairs would be nice, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to get a permission. I wrote Westly a couple PM's a few years ago, but I never got a reply.

Is anyone in contact with Westly? I know The Daywalker once was in contact with him, but I havn't seen Daywalker/ Gaylord at ShotN Forums for a long time.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Yeti » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I'd prefer having us make our own unique hairs. The Reachmen should look new to players and they won't they have hairs from popular headpack mods. 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Worsas » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm only just waiting for a free minute to start working on this. :D

Postby Worsas » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Nothing any special, but I'll show nevertheless:

It's supposed to look like a bjoulsae-tribe-haircut.

Postby Yeti » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 am

Look's great Woras. Exactly what I'd imagine a Reachmen haircut to look like.

Sort of off topic, but is it okay to use Reachman as a singular for Reachmen?

Postby Worsas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm still working on faces and hair at this time. Meanwhile I have recreated the haircut you see above from scratch using own textures since it was just a modified haircut from westly who again had the mesh from some other modder if I'm not mistaken.

I have never seen reachmen being used in singular. It seems like a word people use in lack of a common name for the tribes living in the area. If you had asked germanic people in migration period after the name of their people, none of them would have answered "Germans", but "Saxons", "Francs", "Langobards", etc.

Postby Worsas » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:04 am

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/ ... nfaces.jpg

Some of the haircuts are still a bit lame. I've got to tweak here and there. What do you think of the faces so far?

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Worsas wrote:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/reachmenfaces.jpg

Some of the haircuts are still a bit lame. I've got to tweak here and there. What do you think of the faces so far?

I love the beards, they look cool, just like the faces.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Yeti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 am

Thank's a lot for doing this Woras! I really like the Orc-like head at the top. Are you making these heads from scratch?

Postby Worsas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:27 pm

They are not entirely made from scratch but based on the faces from before. I'm currently just tweaking some of the textures. After that I will put the final faces and haircuts together.

Postby Worsas » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 am

The faces are done. See the internal downloads-section :)

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Great, thanks a lot.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Return to Models & Textures