My ToDo-List

My ToDo-List

Postby Worsas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:50 pm

My Todo-list for the next weeks:

-Fixing Reachmen Houses
-Making Reachmen- Interior-Shells
-Making some items of use for Reachmen (clothing, weaponry, etc.)

-Finishing the dungeon set for the direnni-ruins
-Making general clothing

-More barrow stuff

-Claiming Karthwasten-Interiors
Last edited by Worsas on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: My ToDo-List

Postby Luxray » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Regarding container-plants, are we going to have ironwood trees?

From Special Flora of Tamriel:
"...Ironwood Nut is a hard-shelled fruit that comes from the ironwood trees growing deep in the forests of Skyrim. The wood of these trees is hard as the metal after which it is named. The very rare black variety of ironwood is said to produce a nut which is very succulent and believed to greaten the strength of the adventurer who is able to crack its shell and partake of it."

Just an idea, and you might have decided one way or the other already. And thanks for all your modelling work, you do a really good job.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm

In theory we have ironnut-trees, they are just not in Skyrim-Data, like a number of other objects.

Now you remind me of the need of Ironwood-Shields!
Last edited by Worsas on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Yeti » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

That's a very ambitious list Woras. Even if you only get half that done it would be huge progress for the Reach's development. 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Worsas » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Let me know if you think this looks good enough. I'm not sure what to proceed with this, right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Luxray » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I think it looks great, Worsas! [Made me realise just how big those Reachmen houses are, aha]
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Some progress. What do you think of the net-ladder? Not too dunmeri?

Postby Yeti » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 am

I don't think it’s too dunmeri. Seems like a unique way to address stairs in a Reachmen interior, I like it.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Luxray » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I agree with you Yeti, I think the net-stair is a nice unique idea. The doors and windows look good too.

Postby Worsas » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:29 pm

I will probably make another stair made from wicker as they are using it a lot in other places.

Postby Luxray » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm

More variety is always welcome.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Worsas wrote:Some progress. What do you think of the net-ladder? Not too dunmeri?

The interiorshell looks pretty cool...I woudn't mind about some kind of elvish influence since the Reachmen are a mixed breed with Highelf Roots anyway. It looks perfectly fitting to the exterior house and will work together very well.

Nice job, mate
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Worsas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Thankyou guys.

Some more stuff for you:

Let me know what you think of the daylight-effect on the windows. Does it work or should I screw it?

Postby Luxray » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 pm

I like the light-effect, I think it looks better than a black square would - it would just be a patch of darkness otherwise. What is the wicker-thing on the rock pile?

Postby Worsas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

What is the wicker-thing on the rock pile?

That stonepile is supposed to be a fireplace with the wicker being some kind of smoke-catcher/channeller. I'm not sure, if it makes sense, it was an idea I had to make the fireplace look a bit more 'witch-like'. There is a hole in the stonepile to place a small fire in.

What I'm worried about is the effect the windows will have at night. The best would be to have the window-material animated and scripted to play varying lightness-animations at daytime and darkness at night, possibly with transitions between. Before taking this hurdle I wanted to know, if you think it is a good idea at all.

Postby Luxray » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Kind of a tie-in with the lighting thread, I would love to have varying light windows, but I don't know how everyone else feels.

I like the idea of the wicker-smoke-catcher but I think the smoke would just spread out and fill the room... perhaps it needs to be taller?

Postby Worsas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I have finally found a technique to make windows work as intended and it's possibly going to have an impact on a number of other objects in Skyrim-Data in some future.

Postby Worsas » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:05 pm

It seems I'm done with these interior shells now. But another point has found its way into this list: Making some items of use for the reachmen. I'm thinking of a calabash-like instrument, some adornment and forsworn-like weaponry.

Postby Luxray » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Wow, fast work Worsas! Nicely done ;)

I had to look up what a calabash was, but some sort of shaking-instrument seems very witch-like to me; good idea. Clothes and weapons would be awesome too!

Postby Worsas » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 pm

wild_luxray wrote:Wow, fast work Worsas! Nicely done ;)

I had to look up what a calabash was, but some sort of shaking-instrument seems very witch-like to me; good idea. Clothes and weapons would be awesome too!

We'll stay busy with The Reach long enough still. And after that we're still supposed to work on all of the other holds... right? No way anybody could be too fast around here.

By the way we have so many reach-specific assets already that some reuse in western Haafinheim seems absolutely obligatory to me.

Next

Return to Models & Textures