My ToDo-List

Re: My ToDo-List

Postby Luxray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Worsas,

didn't know where to put this so I will put it here. In the latest Skyrim_Data, Sky_In_Redguard_Tile_Wall_05 is missing the face / texture that faces upwards on the wooden trim at the bottom of the wall. It's a really useful addition to the data, though, so thanks.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 am

I have finally managed to get some more clothing pieces and weapons done. Apart from TES V I have looked at some of french ninjas early reachmen-concepts around to design a hat and a warhammer for them.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/reachwoman1.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/reachwoman2.jpg

Postby Luxray » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Looks fantastic Worsas. I love the texturing on the hat.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

This is the modelling task I have been delaying for the longest time: The interior set for the Direnni-Ruins.
The basic tiles were made two years or longer ago already. The only thing I have recently added is the doorway you can see on the second screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Rattfink333 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 am

looks good, but we may need a slightly different stone for the floor. With the long stone texture that 90 degree (3way?) piece in the second pic looks a bit off at first glance. When you closeup the pic, it matches up with the ones on either side. Just looks a bit jarring at first, with the sudden stone orientation change in the floor. Dunno. I am probably over reacting over it. Looks like a good solid set that will be easy to work with otherwise.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Worsas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I have replaced that floor texture with a new one made from square shaped tiles. I'll show it off when I have progressed further.

Postby Yeti » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Great job Worsas. Don't push yourself too much working on these. We still have plenty of time until we'll need the set. 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Wollibeebee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Absolutely fantastic! Looks like it will be fun to explore.

Postby Luxray » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 am

Great work Worsas. What else do you plan on adding to the set; large rooms and multiple-level pieces, maybe? But really it's crazy that we have so many custom assets made or being made by now. I know there'll still be a lot to come, but the sheer quantity of stuff is really impressive!

Postby Worsas » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 am

There will be tiles for bigger rooms and special tiles for the towers and the glass domes yet. Additionally I plan to make special light sources, furniture, chests, items and stuff.

Postby Scamp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Worsas wrote:Additionally I plan to make special light sources, furniture, chests, items and stuff.

That would be great. A fancy tileset is only half a tileset without proper items to add along with it.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Great stuff :)

Excellent work on the direnni interior set
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Worsas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 am

And we will not have players picking up Septims in here.

Postby Worsas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

I only finished an animated grate gate whose two halves shift aside upon activating (it is no actual door but a scripted animated activator) and a ceiling light. Ground textures have been exchanged and all of the the tiles have been scaled down to a more reasonable size. And I have modelled two new hallway-tiles with niches at the side.

But for now you will only get to see the impact of the ceiling lamps (the light has to be placed separately like the light around windows):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... alllit.jpg

Postby french ninja » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:25 pm

You know, the light could be kinda like a regular light bulb, but with crystals instead of a filament? It could show a cultural similarity with the Ayleids, who also use crystals as a lighting source.

I'm not saying to change it (the interior looks really neat), but if you need an idea for another type of light source to model...
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Worsas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 am

Hey French, nice to see you!

I have thought about crystals, really... My thinking so far has been that there should not be the same Welkynd-Stones the Ayleid had. From what I could gather the Direnni were familiar with Soul Gems, so I thought about something like soulgem-powered magic lights. Then again the soul gems would probably have been exhausted over the centuries. So I'm currently without an explanation for those lights.

I'll continue with the other tiles for now. If you have something like a solution availible, I will welcome that.

Postby roerich » Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 am

Hey Worsas, here's an idea for Reachman interiors: magic herbs to burned in the oven in the house of a witch(man). I don't know if this could work, but I envisioned either herbs or incense working together with a simple retexture/recolor of the vanilla 'mist' model, so upon entering the interior, the player would find themselves in a thick smoke, perhaps purple or some other witchy colour. A retexture of the chimney smoke model for the chimney too. Just a random idea, I was thinking of ways to make the witchmen's houses witchier.
Thane of Interiors

Postby Worsas » Mon May 20, 2013 8:17 pm

You could put the green smoke that is used at the mages guild in caldera above the fireplace and make the fog setting green. You could add one of the "smoking" baskets that were made for the exterior areas too.

I could also provide for a purple smoke emitter, if needed.

Postby Worsas » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 pm

first update after more than a month of inactivity: My first nord trousers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... /pants.jpg

These are very rough and suitable for barbarians. There will be some amoother pieces of clothing later on.

Postby Yeti » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Yay to new clothing! :D

Those trousers look really good, Worsas. They definitely have a Barbarian quality to them. With that said, right now we probably need city-style clothing more than the rough Barbarian stuff. Since Karthwasten is our next city, and it's known for being very cosmopolitan, we also probably need clothing suitable for both Nords and non-Nords.

Needless to say, you can likely get plenty of inspiration by looking at some of the TESV clothing.

Anyway, keep up the good work Worsas. As Head of NPCs, I can't begin to express my gratitude for new clothing finally. Out of curiosity, are you making the clothing to fit both vanilla bodies and Better Bodies? Also, make sure to remember to make both female and male versions of each shirt you design. Also, make sure to do plenty of retextures to get some nice variety in color.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures