Muspilas Models

Muspila

Muspilas Models

Postby Muspila » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:24 pm

An attempt towards a more intact reachman-house with the dimensions of lestats house ruin:

Keep in mind that the basement part is going to be mostly underground. Let me know what you think of the roofing, perhaps it makes the house look too big, but as you can see by the bystanding skeleton, it is not that small either.

Although reachmen are a tribal mongrel breed they also are close relatives of the nords.

Re: Muspilas Models

Postby french ninja » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Looks pretty neat!
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Lady Nerevar » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Love the design of that house.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Some further progress:

Postby SamirA » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:50 am

I LOVE this Muspila! I think it fits Skyrim and the Reachmen wonderfully. It also is interesting in style like the stuff from Morrowind so this is a great set so far.

Postby french ninja » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 am

I love the idea of using these for the Reachmen

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 am

I guess I should finally say THANKYOU for all the positive feedback in here.

The above houses are intended for the rural places only, not that much for Karthwasten and Dragonstar.

At some point, if you remember, I suggested having Dragonstar and Karthwasten walled by partly destroyed Redguard fortifications.

Now lestat made a stone-based house ruin and I suggest the intact version could be used as the the endemic architecture in those two cities since they would be a bit more, well, redguard-influenced. But beyond those I would simply not want to start making even more tilesets (apart from the still needed fortifications and such).

Edit: Doors and Windows of the intact house are going to be seperate elements so they can be added to the houses in a flexible way.

Postby Wollibeebee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:37 am

bro, you are a legend!

Postby Yeti » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Great job Muspila 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Out of the blue I modelled this horn chandelier. Let me know if you think its a reasonable model.

Btw. is it possible that the chandeliers, Lestat made, turned out a bit small? I simply kept the dimension of the metalring that lestats chandeliers had and as you see its not such a huge model now. Perhaps this can be fixed along with adding the chandle-variants.

ImageImage

Postby Scamp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:53 pm

I actually like this chandelier, Worsas. It's unique and nice-looking imo. What horn is that though? (Not that it would matter)
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Its a bigger bull-horn from a watussi-like cattle.

Postby SamirA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 pm

I haven't looked at lestat's chandelier yet, but I will say that I think we could use a longer chain on these. A long chain version and a short chain version of any chandelier is a must. That way we can use them in a variety of places. We need to maximize the usability of many of our things. Especially when they look this good. This is a great looking light source Muspila.

Postby french ninja » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I like the look of that chandelier.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Muspila wrote:
Btw. is it possible that the chandeliers, Lestat made, turned out a bit small?

No, but the chandelier wasn't meant to be a big chandelier...It is the chandelier in the tavern from the TES5 Screen. The scale is the same as on the screen compared to NPC and clutter.

There could be some bigger variations of the slim chandelier, but probably bigger variations should be different in the design.

SamirA wrote:I haven't looked at lestat's chandelier yet...

I thought you wanted to have the chandelier and candlestand with a greater light radius???
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby SamirA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 pm

I only viewed the light stand. I want EVERY Skyrim light to have 256, 128, and 64 variants at least.

Postby Lady Nerevar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Awesome addition Mus. Maybe a variation that attaches to the wall (like a torch)?

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 pm

As you see, I changed the hanging version a bit because it seemed like an abuse to use the same suspension lestat used for his chandeliers.
Thankyou for the feedback. These models are finished.

Image Image

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Both models look very cool...but we could use the former version too I guess, because it looked nice. Variations are always a good thing ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I guess i could submit the first variant aswell. I'm not as fond of it because that metallic suspension I stole from your chandeliers makes it look as if it had a halo of a saint and the chandle as such seems a tad too elaborate for being only a single chandle.

Next

Return to Models & Textures