Dirnae's Models

Dirnae's Models

Postby Dirnae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Ok I've told a few people I'm working on a solitude house set. So I'll start posting up some crappily edited together screenshots.

First: Here's some screenshots of edits I made on request from Lestat to the common tileset.

I'll get screenshots of some of the custom houses uploaded in a bit.
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Re: Cespar's Models

Postby Dirnae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 pm

More windows and another door. I have more windows they're just not as cool.

One of the custom houses I showed Muspila a while back, it's 3-4 floors not 2-3 with a base, very massive (by design), and may need to be shrunk down. You wont be able to get a good view of scale here, because the pics are messily edited together obviously. I'll make a test cell when it progresses.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 pm

This is definetively great stuff.

What worries me right now is that people are instantly going to see if a tileset were done by me or by you or lestat by the lack of vertex color.

To be honest I would add some vertex color, not much, especially below roofs to imitate the shaded-ness.

While it looks all quite amazing, it must not look too clean in the end, you've got vertex color everywhere in the game and exterior modders use it anyway, by habit and for a good reason. It can make things look a bit smudgy, admittedly, but if you use it carefully you should be fine.

It looks great, better than my tilesets.

Postby Dirnae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Right. Sorry, not used to the routine of adding that stuff.
I'll postpone the screenshots of the rest until I've vertex colored them.

Oh and bollocks, your Aldmeri tileset is still one of my favourites. Better than this.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:36 pm

I would use vertex color 82, 82, 82 for the buildings (Opacity 60 - 80), it is a medium bright grey and the same color as used on the exteriors. If you need some help I've finally learned how to vertex paint objects during my countless TES4 remakes the last 5 month, just send me a PM or Email...this post reminds me that I still have to vertex a couple viking houses as well :o

The houses look freain' awesome btw. Amazing job.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Dirnae » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks for the tips Lestat, I remember how to vertex paint so it's cool. Glad you like the tileset, hope it looks as good as the bruma one when finished.

Postby Dirnae » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Roof texture on the building to the right may be changed, may not. Me and Muspila though the left would be ideal as a barrack or fighter's guild (fighter's guild gets my vote).

There are a few changes I'd like to make to these, square building might be best paired with the one with a walkway, I'm planning to give it stairs I think, or make stairs a seperate object, depends if it's a pita.

Vertex coloring has come out a bit strong and a bit weak in some areas, tell me if you want it changing and how.
After playing around with the Whiterun concept I'm now very eager to improve these, I must admit.
I need to add the second plank texture too I think, makes the common houses look very cool.

Postby Rattfink333 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 am

They look mighty good to me. and yes, it would be an ideal fighters guild. maybe work in a reason in the npc/questing as to why they feel the need to have extra fortifications. and maybe make some clerestory windows so we could maybe have a salle somewhere. and put a weaponmaster trainer in it.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby french ninja » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:16 am

I agree that the left side of the 1st image ought to be a Fighters Guild, with some sparring dummies in the yard.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby SamirA » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I would definately change that roof texture to match the others. It makes no sense to have one oddball and that texture simply does not look as good as the other one anyway. I really like that fighter's guild/barracks.

Postby Dirnae » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Muspila actually wanted me to change half of them to have a different roof texture.
They'll probably end up with another wood shingle texture though.

Postby GAYLORD » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:06 pm

I like those houses, very fitting. I'd just go and add some details in. Some mossy parts on the roofs, some lichen on the stone, some traces of withering on the wood and so on. You can easily blend some nice decal into your base textures. Takes just a second in GIMP or PS and none of your houses will look the same in this mod.

Postby Dirnae » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:15 pm

I need to add snow onto these meshes eventually, it'll be a bit of a pain making seperate UVs but I could try out detail maps too, yeah. The snow itself might be good as a detail map.

Postby GAYLORD » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah, that's the disadvantage of tiled textures. I'm not a big fan of detail maps in MW, cause they mess up the diffuse texture pretty much. You could try simple alphaed planes with snow patterns. Beth did the same for example with the barnacles on the coastal shack models.

Postby Dirnae » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Nice tip, thanks. I'll be gone for a couple of days, see you on monday.

Re: Dirnae's Models

Postby Dirnae » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 pm

I was thinking 'Is there anything I could update the thread with?'

I've been working on boring stuff on the one hand, and stuff I'd like to finish up in full before posting on the other, but I noticed I never posted the orc heads. They're edited vanilla, a little smoother, twice the resolution (which still isn't much),
and the hair's have alpha channels. Only quick things but I think they look quite nice.

Postby Praedator » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 am

I really like your work Dirnae, just great!

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 am

Just compare these character faces to that dumbass on this screenshot:
http://zengeon.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... cNight.jpg
(and at the same time try to ignore the amazing fog in the background :/)

I like the mongolian/chinese twist and our different mode of presentation of such people.

Postby Dirnae » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:52 am

Thanks guys!

House Impovement?

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 am

It's dark, wooden and cozy. Fits well into our gloomy Haafinheim.

Next

Return to Models & Textures