Diablo 3 Offline Petition

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Diablo 3 Offline Petition

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

Hi there,

I've found a petition to Blizzard to add a offline modus to Diablo 3.

I've never bought Diablo 3 because of it's need for constantly being connected to the Batte.Net servers and I won't buy the game until Blizzard will stop that constant online bullshit.
Diablo 1 and 2 were great games, probably Diablo 3 is as great as the previous titles too, but I prefer to quit the series before I let dictate my style of playing from a developer/ publisher.

If I want to play Multiplayer I accept the need of a online connection...but NOT if I only want to play the campain.

Many people will think "It doesn't matter since most of us are constantly connected to the internet anyway", but that is not the point...Steam has an excellent offline mode and I don't see the point why Blizzard ignore the gamers who bought their titles since 15 years and the problems some people (like me) have with their internet connection (sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes nearly no connection for a few hours because overloaded provider servers.

So if you also feel offended by stuff like that, read the petition and sign it if you agree. For example Ubisoft got rid of constant online after to troubles Assassins Creed 2 caused.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/diablo3complaint
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Re: Diablo 3 Offline Petition

Postby Worsas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm generally not fond of Blizzard since they were taken over by Activision. I'm not a fan of Diablo 3 either or WoW, but I liked all games before that. Warcraft 3 was one of the few games where I couldn't tell what to improve in retrospect.

Re: Diablo 3 Offline Petition

Postby Yeti » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 am

Petition signed, because these kind of business practices irk me.

Speaking of PC gaming, I'd highly recommend XCOM: Enemy Unknown to anyone who likes challenging strategy games. 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Return to Offtopic