Leaving this world to outer space

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Leaving this world to outer space

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi guys,

a friend of mine wants to go outer space, maybe you will help him to get enough votes.

https://www2.axeapollo.com/de_DE/52310/stefan-wizsy

He is also a gamedesign student and an excellent coder with advanced knowledge in C, C++, C# and other languages as well as a big rpg fan. He played TES4, TES5 and now TES3. Currently he learn to use the CS and Morrowind Scripting Language to join us as scripter and quester. He will also submit a interior showcase later I guess.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Re: Leaving this world to outer space

Postby Worsas » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Is that poll meant serious? I have given him my vote anyway.

Postby Scamp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm

I highly doubt that anyone who gets voted for there will really make it off earth.

Anyway, gave him my vote.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Luxray » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm

The ability for Chrome to auto-translate has allowed me to cast my vote also! :)

Also, more help will be great.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Konan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey everyone!

Thanks for voting me, I really appreciate it.
According to the participation conditions, one of the top 50 is randomly chosen.

I just want to say a couple of things at this point:

I know some of you may have your perfectly reasonable and justified doubts about this contest.
I'm facing it with quite a sceptical position myself and I know that it's quite an off-chance for anyone to actually get to space with this.

And yet, despite the fact that it all might be just a hoax (and even if not the chances are only 1 : 50), I have come to the conclusion
that it will in all likelyhood be the highest possibility for me to go to outer space in my entire life. I can't just ignore it, for if
it is real and I wouldn't have bothered, I could not stop myself from banging my head against every wall in town.
In fact, I have decided to even sacrifice a huge part of my privacy that I held so dear until the day I discovered this contest.

Even if there is no trip to space, the training at the space camp in Florida would still be enough for me to always remember.
And at least it says in the participation conditions that if the flight happened to be canceled, one will be remunerated with 75.000$ (Hell, that would actually save them a lot of money ^^).

Now it has come to me that some people might be concerned about receiving spam mails from "Axe". I didn't get any affirmations from people that voted for me so far but you might want to use a secondary account just to be on the safe side.

Alright, that was my point of view.

Should you decide to support me but have any trouble doing so since it's a german website, here's how it works:
Simply click the "Votes" - Button to the left of the picture (which by the way does not reflect the amenity of my face by any means due to it's unfortunate cutout). Enter a valid E-Mail Address and a captcha and BAM! - that's all it takes.

My utmost and most genuine gratefulness to everyone who supported me and/or decided to support me in the future!
And thanks a lot to Lestat for his flattering description of my person. :D

Best regards,

~ Konan

PS: By the way: If you have any reservations - what so ever - feel free to voice them.

Postby Scamp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Using a primary email account for such things is not a smart thing to do in general.

(btw, your post was waiting for approval for some weird reason)
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Luxray » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I imagine that given the recent spambots, posts by new users over a certain wordcount will require approval.

Nice to meet you anyway Konan!
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Return to Offtopic