On making interiors

On making interiors

Postby Worsas » Sat May 11, 2013 7:10 pm

If you are interior modder or you want to become one, please have a read. These are a few special rules that apply to interiors made for Skyrim - Home of the Nords:

What should I name my interior cell like?

-Interior cells are to be named Sky_int_[name of town/type of interior]_[claim number]
Examples:
Sky_int_karthwasten_24
Sky_int_cave_30

-Custom Containers and other Custom Object - IDs can be named after your liking. Only they have to start with '_Sky' so they are easily found by the merger later.
Example:
_Sky_Crate_05_modder

Where do I find the Exterior Cell my interior cell is located in?
The Exterior for your cell can be found in a plugin designated as 'Cutout of interior modders'. This file is linked in the thread 'Latest Downloads' in the Internal Downloads - section and only accessible for promoted Skyrim modders.

How do I know what to place in my interior cell?
There are spare reference interior cells included in Skyrim-Data intended to present a typical composition of objects in a particular kind of interior cell. These reference cells are only meant to give you a rough idea of the style you should stick to. There may be placement errors in those example cells. There is no reference interior cell for classical Nord homes in Skyrim-Data since those can mostly be created intuitively. The reference cells are supposed to be for interior sets for which there is nothing like a reference within the original game.

What lighting to choose?
Make sure to stay in the vein of the original game, though preferrably slightly darker. In some cases we may give guideline values for the homes in a particular town or village.

Caves and Dungeons should be reasonably dark. So we have agreed to use the following lighting ranges for caves:
Ambient Color: 10 - 20
Sunlight Color in an uninhabited cave: 5 - 20
Sunlight Color in an inhabited cave (with fireplaces): 20 - 35

What else to take into account?
We are using an entirely own range of books as we found out that many books in Morrowind.esm directly refer to you being within in the province Morrowind. So please stick to Sky_bk_XXX whenever you place books around, as we made sure that those books are clean from such. You should find copies of most relevant titles from Morrowind and other TES - sequels.

Other than that use your good judgement when elaborating your interior cell. Our requirements towards interior cells are similar to those of the Tamriel Rebuilt and the other province mods.

Re: On making interiors

Postby Scamp » Sun May 12, 2013 12:21 am

Also, it would be nice if you could name your claim files in a way similar to the cell names from now on, makes it easier to find in a folder and we can keep it all consistent that way.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Luxray » Fri May 31, 2013 11:53 pm

I made a useful overview of the tapestries, I got fed up of dragging them into the CS to see what pattern they were. Hope it's of use to someone. :)

http://i.imgur.com/nuE764N.png
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Scamp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 am

Very much appreciated! I wonder why I haven't thought of something like this myself.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

On making interiors

Postby pearlofkn » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 pm

5.Now you should have windows 7 files,i extracted win 7 files to D:Win7 directory.

Files for setup or mount the wim ?

Return to Tutorials & Guidelines