Giant Shaggy Centipedes

This Forum is for general Skyrim/ Tamriel lore...you will find Hold related Lore in the Mod Development section

Giant Shaggy Centipedes

Postby french ninja » Fri May 11, 2012 5:23 am

1st PGE:
These Orcish tribes chose an uninhabited mountain region near Old H'roldan in High Rock, for their people were (and most still are) dependent on a rare shaggy giant centipede herdbeast that can live only at high altitudes on alpine and sub-alpine forage.

And from The Tenpenny Winter...Again:
The second was full-bound in furs, [his bulk] so great that he looked more like the shaggy centipedes the Orc Tribes herd than a true Greybeard

So from what I gather, Orcs have these hairy centipede creatures that they use as livestock and they seem to have a lot of importance to the tribes, like guars for ashlanders. Might be a good idea for a new creature type.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Re: Giant Shaggy Centipedes

Postby Worsas » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

uninhabited mountain region near Old H'roldan in High Rock

The context says that the place described here is (the old) Orsinium. Not exactly around the next corner. The more I wonder where Old Hroldan was meant to be initially.
Just like Reachmen and Orcs are said to be neighbors. Large ranges there that somehow are considered neighborships unless the maps we have are wrong overall.

I was just wondering if we had to place a mountain region in the Reach for this. Some area absorbed from the western reach that would be.

Regarding those centipedes: How about some cooperation with the highrock-mod? They need that creature much more than us.

Postby SGMonkey » Thu May 31, 2012 2:48 am

There are said to be Orc tribes all over the Wrothgarian Mountains and the Western Reach. But if you ask me, I imagine these shaggy centipedes to only be found in one place as they are said to be rare. Therefore I think it would be best if they were only found in the Wrothgarian Mountains.

Just my opinion ofcourse. We need some unique stuff for High Rock :P
Tonal Architect wrote:Most people are sticklers for lore correctness, I take joy in re-writing it to my liking. Way more fun.

Genius...

Postby SirEyeball » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:22 pm

As it states these Centipedes can only survive in high altitudes so it is important, if we do em, that they do not appear outside high mountain regions.
Sir Eyeball
Loving that Morrowind is not forgotten

Return to Lore