Lore tidbit

This Forum is for general Skyrim/ Tamriel lore...you will find Hold related Lore in the Mod Development section

Re: Lore tidbit

Postby Yeti » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Worsas wrote: It is good for what it is, it's merely too stressful to keep on track with everything going on in this weird universe.

I don't even try to keep track of any of it. I might visit the lore forum once every few months but I think it's far less confusing to just go with the lore that's actually presented in-game. You don't need to know about CHIM and Kalpas in order to make interiors or exteriors.

Worsas wrote:And I'm troubled by the idea that people will not like our Skyrim for the lack of some of those jack-ass inventions coming with with TES V. Makes me sleepless. Too much work has been put into this that I could cope with the idea of our Skyrim standing somewhere outside.

I don't see that happening. Most people who still play Morrowind seem pretty apathetic towards the newer games. Besided, our Skyrim already has a lot of cool stuff the newer game doesn't. The Reachmen are one example.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:18 pm

ok, maybe you will laugh about me because I'm only a stupid world builder / 3d modeller, but please don't let me die stupid...what the hell is "CHIM"? Has it to do with the chimer?

@ Yeti

I think the forsworn are ment as the Reachmen, unfortunally they were downgraded to weird maniacs who attack everyone on sight without giving them a lot of culture...they are just ment as food for your battleaxe, but let's face the truth, this is more welcome to their console audience, more than a lot of dialogues and books about the Witchmen of High Rock and their culture and historical conflicts with the nords. I'm glad that our timeline is 200 years in the past and we as modders don't have to please the X-Box or PS3 players needs for pure action.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Dirnae wrote:*The opinions expressed by Dirnae are not the opinions of SHotN, and should not be viewed as such.

You should have that as your sig, to avoid any confusion. ;)

I think we are all agreed that while TES lore is great, people who know lots and lots and lots of TES lore and let you know it are not so great. If I want to know something about lore, I WILL ASK YOU!
Tes96 wrote:By the Silver Caverns, what exactly is a heightmap?!

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Might be a good idea, I think most people know that I just spurt bullshit.

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:ok, maybe you will laugh about me because I'm only a stupid world builder / 3d modeller, but please don't let me die stupid...what the hell is "CHIM"? Has it to do with the chimer?

Some pothead pseudo-panthiest crap where you realise you're the dream of a schizo god, and therefore achieve godhood.
AFAIK anyway...
[11:05:43] Wolli: ah yeharp, i felled the [NUG-RI-BOOGAR] felf too MK!

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Dirnae wrote:Some pothead pseudo-panthiest crap where you realise you're the dream of a schizo god, and therefore achieve godhood.
AFAIK anyway...

Is Chim available as pills or is it for injection only?...it reminds me on Matrix. Neo is back.

I mean if this is really what CHIM is meant, I'm not sure what I should think about it. Same with the falmer (or better the snow goblins).
Honestly, I try to be more open minded than in the past, believe me, I really give my best, but some of the new lore that came with the new TES-Game makes it fucking hard to me.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:
Dirnae wrote:Some pothead pseudo-panthiest crap where you realise you're the dream of a schizo god, and therefore achieve godhood.
AFAIK anyway...

Is Chim available as pills or is it for injection only?...it reminds me on Matrix. Neo is back.

Haahahahahaha!

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Dirnae wrote:
AFAIK anyway...

Haahahahahaha!

Seriously, if these are the visions I'll get, I'm ready to ride the dragon. The whole Chim idea also sounds like some of Jim Morrisons writings when he lived in Paris in 1970/ 1971, before he died...like this:

Bitter grazing in sick pastures
Animal sadness & the daybed whipping.
Iron curtains pried open.
The elaborate sun implies
dust, knives, voices.
Call out of the Wilderness
Call out of fever, receiving
the wet dreams of an Aztec King.

(III. from "The New Creatures)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Dirnae » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Haha, niccccce!

Muspila just reminded me that N hosts this website. And honest to god, we're not talking about you N! We like you! The only reason you're not on my Xmas card list is because of that big puddle called the atlantic, honest to god. Real shame that.

Well all the best luv!

(I'm so smoooooth at this whole talking shit)

Postby Rattfink333 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 am

lady N is cool. the only time she ever smacked down on me is when i came up with a waaaaaayyyyy over the top story about the return of the telvanni in the beth forums. But that was cause it was crazy crazy.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Yeti » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:41 pm

@ Yeti

I think the forsworn are ment as the Reachmen, unfortunally they were downgraded to weird maniacs who attack everyone on sight without giving them a lot of culture...they are just ment as food for your battleaxe, but let's face the truth, this is more welcome to their console audience, more than a lot of dialogues and books about the Witchmen of High Rock and their culture and historical conflicts with the nords. I'm glad that our timeline is 200 years in the past and we as modders don't have to please the X-Box or PS3 players needs for pure action.

I don't own Skyrim yet (waiting for the Game of the Year Edition just like I did wit Morrowind and Oblivion) so I just assumed Beth wouldn't include them in any form. I guess they must be getting a little better at remembering to include stuff from there old lore
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Scamp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:(note: this is not meant as an offence to anybody who likes or love TES5

Oh well, is it my fault that you guys mention that in your posts now? :mrgreen:
Seriously, I'm fine with opinions. Just had some bad days back when I let you piss me off because of TES III vs TES V.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Tes96 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:36 am

Worsas wrote:And I'm troubled by the idea that people will not like our Skyrim for the lack of some of those jack-ass inventions coming with with TES V. Makes me sleepless. Too much work has been put into this that I could cope with the idea of our Skyrim standing somewhere outside.
Well, I say fuck the "new generation" of rpg players. Bethesda is more and more using the action-adventure platform and giving it the title of role-playing game. There's nothing wrong with that. Bethesda is a business and the way to expand one's business is to cater to a broader demographic so you can make more money. I hope our TESIII: Skyrim sticks with the more traditional elements of TES, like the ones from Daggerfall and Morrowind.... and Arena. (Not a whole lot in that game, though)

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:To be honest, I hope that the console casuals or other fools who play games as they order a big mac don't like our Skyrim.
Since TES3 was never meant to be some sort of hack and slash game or a "hunt the questmarker" game it would feel if we (I) did something wrong if the jerks who are some of the top posters at some famous forums would actually enjoy TES3: Skyrim. (note: this is not meant as an offence to anybody who likes or love TES5...this is meant as an offence to those who create endless numbers of pointless threads at the upper mentioned Forums and are not able to discuss the pros and cons of the game. I don't like the hypers and the haters, because both are only thinking in black and white, to narrowminded for my taste.)

Like I said I really give a fuck if someone who don't play or like TES3: Morrowind likes ShotN or not. You, me and the rest of us are not here to please anybody since we don't get paid for modding.
My goal is to make a Skyrim based on old lore including new lore and other features where it makes sense. I won't spend a second thinking if a casual player will like it or not...I don't care.
Very well put. I want to have a differentiation between us "old school CRPGers" and the "new-age action-adventurer CRPGers". In other words, I prefer the newcomers who are into the platform on which Skyrim was built to stay in their neck of the woods and not come trolling into ours, saying how different SHOTN is and how it is not like TESV. They can have their one rank Mages guild, quest arrows and invincible NPCs and flying cliche dragons (which by the way, I think dragons is about the most cliche and overused high-fantasy element a company could use, but at the same time, probably the best selling and effective marketing device for a gaming business to use)

Dirnae wrote:While stuff like aldudugga and such is great, nobody gives a fuck about CHIM and towers and all that bollocks except that tiny wierd MK cult, so I wouldn't stress over it.

And if you're part of the tiny wierd MK cult, I'm sorry, but let's face it, I've seen you discuss TES as if it's philosophy, you're god damn wierd. :P
And I'm very, very wierd! I think the CHIM philosophy is great! It's just like our string theory or multi-verse theory or other theories that are very obscure.
Although I understood CHIM much much better when on shrooms and LSD last year. But I do not condone the usage of drugs, nor encourage others to do such activities. ;) Just saying, it opens your mind up more, allowing one to comprehend the infinite.

I made a topic on CHIM just now which may help you to better understand it, Lestat.
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Previous

Return to Lore