Vampires and Undead in Haafinheim

Vampires and Undead in Haafinheim

Postby Worsas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm

What I want to record here is my suggestion of having a number of vampire hideouts and many undead in Haafinheim. This had been discussed in the earlier forum already and as far as I'm aware people weren't against it.

The idea is that many of the ruins you will find in Haafinheim are leftovers of the War of Red Diamond in which the Cyrodillic Empire defeated Queen Potema of Solitude, also known as the Wolf Queen. Potema had an army of Undead and Vampires siding with her against the Cyrodiilic Empire. Though it is a few hundred years ago, this would be a good opportunity to show leftovers of the Wolfqueens army continuing their undead existence in these ruins.

Since Dawnguard we also know of the existence of the volkihar-vampire-clan northwest of Haafinheim. In one book somewhere it is also said that vampires in Tamriel have their biggest presence in the western areas of the continent. Many strong pros to include vampires around here. Also the forest seems like a good place for the remote existence of these undead.

Years ago, Volkihar-Clan was discussed by Dirnae and a couple of other members. Though it seems that the initial book reference that brought the Volkihar-Clan to the world of TES suggests that those live under the surface of icy lakes and in the eastern part of Skyrim rather than west...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=139

I'm actually no big fan of vampirism, but this is something that really seems worth pursuing, even if it should only mean that that some hostile vampires are spread around in a few caves and ruins.
Last edited by Worsas on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Vampires and Undead in Haafinheim

Postby Luxray » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm

I really love the idea of remnants of an undead army continuing to reside in Haafinheim. I imagine the colder climate prevents decomposition of skeletons and the like.

I also think that the Volkihar as presented pre-TES:V (not that we are regarding that) are much more interesting and cool (ha!), though ice-vampires-under-ice-lakes would probably be quite hard to execute.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 pm

I much prefer the ice lake Volkihar vampires than the generic vampires of Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I don't really see a problem with putting vampires in Haafinheim.
Tes96 wrote:By the Silver Caverns, what exactly is a heightmap?!

Postby Yeti » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:18 am

Vampires in Haafinheim sounds good. Having some swimming around lakes would be kind of cool and certainly a surprise for people playing our mod who go into them exspecting mere Slaughterfish :lol:
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Tes96 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 am

Worsas wrote:Since Dawnguard we also know of the existence of the volkihar-vampire-clan northwest of Haafinheim. In one book somewhere it is also said that vampires in Tamriel have their biggest presence in the western areas of the continent.

Will that book be included in our data ESM? Or is it not timeline appropriate?
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Return to Lore/Discussion/Conceptualizing