Grass error

Grass error

Postby Wollibeebee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

hey guys, recently my laptop was broken so i had to move to a laptop that suffered from the black sun glitch.
but while making my claim i found out that some of your grass has the same alpha issue as the sun.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/Sexywolliscreen2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/Sexywolliscreen3.jpg
it happens on... every first "frame". ie: the meshes are always black in the CS (at that part), but when they move they become normal, until looping.

just thought i'd tell you as i know alot of people have the black sun error, and will have this error too.

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: Grass error

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 am

Wollibeebee wrote:hey guys, recently my laptop was broken so i had to move to a laptop that suffered from the black sun glitch.
but while making my claim i found out that some of your grass has the same alpha issue as the sun.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/Sexywolliscreen2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23627856/Sexywolliscreen3.jpg
it happens on... every first "frame". ie: the meshes are always black in the CS (at that part), but when they move they become normal, until looping.

just thought i'd tell you as i know alot of people have the black sun error, and will have this error too.

Thanks for your report...Are you sure it is the grass and not your hardware/ settings? I ask because I've never had any black sun bugs with that shrub you mentioned and I never got an report about something similar from anyone else

@ Scamp

You use the same groundcover for your claim, have you noticed any problems like that?
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Wollibeebee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 am

it's the hardware and the grass.
the graphics card goes all screwy with some alpha's (ie: the sun).
and now the grass.

scamp will only see it if he has the black sun error aswell.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=8188

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Your screens look to me as if you had forgotten to untick your grass-plugin.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Muspila wrote:Your screens look to me as if you had forgotten to untick your grass-plugin.

He could not untick the grass because it is no grass plugin, it is part of his Claim.esp...but he should set grass density to 0 while generating distant land, otherwise the grass is rendered twice, like you mentioned.

@Wollie

Have you ever thought about buying a windows laptop instead of running windows on a Mac? I also remember that weird issue where your rocks were randomly replaced with West Gash Rocks, a very unique error ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:36 pm

No, I don't have the grass problem wolli has. I don't have the black sun error either.

I think the grass gets darker if it's doubled. He probably did not set the grass density to 0.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Wollibeebee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:14 pm

ughghhghhg..
ok, black sun error on my WINDOWS 7 laptop, which has an ATI card (which if you follow my last link, is the reason for the sun).
and no, i didn't load the grass with 0 density, but like i said, this happens in the CS aswell -only more obvious as the grass isn't moving, and is always stuck in the "starting frame" of the grass, which is when it turns black.

my mac's fine. and SamirA had the same problem with my cave turning into a west gash region AFAIK,

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Wollibeebee wrote:ughghhghhg..
ok, black sun error on my WINDOWS 7 laptop, which has an ATI card (which if you follow my last link, is the reason for the sun).
and no, i didn't load the grass with 0 density, but like i said, this happens in the CS aswell -only more obvious as the grass isn't moving, and is always stuck in the "starting frame" of the grass, which is when it turns black.

my mac's fine. and SamirA had the same problem with my cave turning into a west gash region AFAIK,

Sorry for nagging with the old "Windows on Mac" story again.

Probably your texture is corruot, I'll send you a new one tomorrow, probably it will fix your problem.

I've also tested the texture in the CS on my second harddrive (Windows7/64 bit) and everything is fine.
But you definitely should set the grass density to 0 if you generate distant land otherwise it is rendered twice. The grass in the file is a source for modding...you shouldn't try animated grass if it is not in a separate file, like in the "Skyrim_Reachv0.8" Package
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Wollibeebee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:15 am

everything will be find on your window7/64-bit, unless you have a ATI card that has these errors.

i'll test out the new Texture later, gotta get out that laptop again now that i'm on my Mac.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 am

Wollibeebee wrote:everything will be find on your window7/64-bit, unless you have a ATI card that has these errors.

i'll test out the new Texture later, gotta get out that laptop again now that i'm on my Mac.

If the texture don't fix the problem I can't do anything at the moment.

Since the problem does only occur on a few series of ATI cards and seem to be fixed on the newer series AND Haafinheim was never planned to be released to the public before the final release of this mod AND you will use your Macbook anyway which don't have the bug I guess AND I have really to deal with a couple things with higher priority regarding Shotn at the moment.

What I try to say is that it is worth to bookmark the problem if the new texture won't fix it and to deal with if the time has come.

Anyway, thanks for reporting this ;)

Edit:

If you mean this with a black texture/ mesh (here compared to a vanilla shrub) it's simply how it looks in the CS if you didn't turn the light on (Press A)

With light and similar how it is rendered InGame

In the meantime I'm sure your dark shrub problem InGame will be fixed as soon as you render your distantl land with grass density 0 (reasons read above)

with grass density 0 (since the claim grass is not meant to be animanted) it should look lke this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlhsgNyCD8c
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby ZWolol » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm

This is not the grass and the landscape, but I'll write here.
This topic is the question on the forum:
http://fullrest.ru/forum/topic/29541-sk ... _p__764032
Solstheim_Raven.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Luxray » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for the report, ZWolol, if it is those two cells in Solstheim we talked about fixing it here and it should get patched pretty soon.
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Grass error

Postby pearlofkn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 am

im having this issue as well today. i reinstalled the game and i tried to play it, but it kept saying the same error. i dont know where to turn to now. do i call steam support or what???

Return to Playtesting & Error Reporting