Data Errors

Data Errors

Postby Praedator » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 am

Some errors I found;

Sky_Ex_Redguard_Door_01 has no .nif assigned and cannot be inserted <- need it
Sky_Ex_Nord_House_Stone_03_11 is too small scale, needs be rescaled and retextured (scaling gives bad textures)

Re: Data Errors

Postby Wollibeebee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 am

all the skeletons in my Reach setup are textureless. not sure why.

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Sound file not found: data files\sound\Sky\beehive.WAV

I get this error almost every time I try to wander around our exteriors in game, and it makes the game crash.
Tes96 wrote:By the Silver Caverns, what exactly is a heightmap?!

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:07 am

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:
Sound file not found: data files\sound\Sky\beehive.WAV

I get this error almost every time I try to wander around our exteriors in game, and it makes the game crash.

This error is strange, because the beehive.wav file is actually on it's position if I look in the Data Files folder that is used for packing the BSA. If you have a BSA Tool like BSA Browser could you please unpack the BSA and check if the file is there. If it's there and the error continues we have to remove the sound script before the release until we can fix that issue.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:15 am

Seems to be there.

I'll go check it out again ingame...

...Nope, still 'missing'.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am

That's wierd, the file is in the BSA but the engine can't load it.

Does anybody else get this error?

@ TDF

At the moment please make a fix ESP for you where you remove the script from the beeswarm activator in the CS. It has no sound then, but the game won't crash anymore.

I hope we will find the reason for the error, but it would be important to know who is suffering this issue and which Windows version he is he is using.

I have XP Professional and Windows 7, there are no problems under XP but I havn't tested it in Windows 7...in case if the error is caused by anything outside the Reach0.9.ESM I have no idea how to fix it at the moment...therefore anyone who experienced the same bug please report here and name your PC Setup.

Thanks
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Worsas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 am

The original game has the sounds outside of the bsa, I think.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 am

Worsas wrote:The original game has the sounds outside of the bsa, I think.

Correct, I've checked it with a fresh installment on my new laptop.

Probably the old version of Morrowinds Gamembryo Engine can't load sounds from a BSA for any reasons, later Gamembryo versions like used for Oblivion and Fallout 3 can do it. I never had the problem cause I don't use the files in BSA Format on my PC.

With the next Skyrim Data update the sounds will come in a separate folder outside the BSA, this should fix the issue.

In the meantime I've attached the sound folder below for download...please report if it fixed the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:38 pm

It has thank you.

Postby Worsas » Sun May 13, 2012 11:01 am

-Dirnaes nordic steel gauntlets do not seem to have a first person-model.

-If I use the current skyrim-data along with this, many creatures exhale the sound of a drawn bow. Do you others have the same issue?

Re: City Claim: Karthwasten - Claimed by Praedator

Postby Tes96 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 am

I am getting a million of these types of errors.

These are all the Skyrim files I have. It's acting as if none of the files are there when I try to load cells are objects. What is wrong?
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Praedator » Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 am

make sure you have latest versions of Skyrim Data, both esm and bsa
register your bsa with BSAreg.exe

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu May 17, 2012 7:31 am

The error looks like the BSA is not registered in the Morrowind.INI. Crate 05 is an old model and is included in Skyrim Data since Version 001 so an outdated Version can't be the reason for your errors
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Tes96 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 am

Well, that fixed most of it. I updated the BSA using the utility program BSAreg. I can COC myself to The Reach forest and Karthgad. But even then, I get errors. Why are there so many errors with this? I have all the latest files.

Also, I noticed in the interiors that the beds have a different texture for the wooden frame but the sheets are still vanilla. We aren't going to make custom sheets for the beds? I was under the impression that almost everything in Skyrim would be made differently from Morrowind since it is a different province altogether.

The forests look incredible! That wormmouth creature is an awesome addition! I like the wooden cups in the homes, i.e. Sky_Misc_Wooden_Goblet_01_03. Will we be adding custom glass bottles, too?

TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_sacrum.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hand.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_radius.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_spine.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_foot.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_jaw.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_clavicle.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hipbone.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_scapula.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_ribcage.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_skull.dds"!
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_sacrum.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hand.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_radius.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_spine.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_foot.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_jaw.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_clavicle.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hipbone.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_scapula.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_ribcage.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_skull.dds
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_sacrum.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hand.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_radius.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_spine.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_foot.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_jaw.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_clavicle.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hipbone.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_scapula.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_ribcage.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_03.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_skull.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\Sky\o\Sky_Cont_Corpse_04.nif" tex not found "Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_sacrum.dds"!
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Scamp » Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 pm

BSAreg does weird things sometimes. Make sure it looks somewhat like this in your Morrowind.ini

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=Skyrim_Data.bsa

And if that doesn't help, make sure you have the latest versions of everything. I'm not getting errors so it must be something on your part.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Rattfink333 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

If you are using win7. the old bsa registry tool doesn't always work. Try the new one out. or do it manually.
Paladin of Vaermina

Postby Tes96 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 pm

You mean this utility program? I used it and I still get errors.

Scamp, you were right; Archive 2 was not listed in my ini file. So I added it manually and all cells load fine now. Thanks! :)
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Tes96 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 am

I'm in Karthgad and I am getting these errors:

Code: Select all
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_sacrum.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hand.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_radius.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_spine.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_foot.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_jaw.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_clavicle.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_hipbone.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_scapula.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_ribcage.dds
Texture Load Error!: Tx_Skyrim_DN_Skeleton_skull.dds
Texture "Textures\_land_default.tga" count 3.
Texture "Textures\menu_thick_border_bottom_right_corner.dds" count 2.

Any idea what could be causing these?
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Postby Praedator » Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 am

Sorry guys but this should all be in another thread, not in Karthwasten final thread, reserve that for problems with Karthwasten exterior errors :/

Scamp: Done.

Postby Tes96 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Sorry, you're right. I didn't even realize that this is the Karthwasten thread. I have this thread bookmarked at the top of my bookmark list so I have just been going here to post questions. I'll repost my question in the Karthwasten Exterior Errors thread.

...ohh, I posted too soon; it already has been moved. Thanks, Praedator.
Perhaps if I extract the files from the Skyrim bsa and place them in physical folders, that may remedy the problem?
Interior Reviewer
Tamriel-Rebuilt

Next

Return to Playtesting & Error Reporting