Dialogue Errors

Dialogue Errors

Postby Worsas » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Dialogue Errors

Postby Yeti » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:58 pm

There are definitely some holes in our vanilla dialogue net that still need filling. I'll have to look into it sometime in the near future. At least our guard armor looks really pretty in that screenshot. :)

On a related note, can someone link me to the most up-to-date version of our release file? I might want to do some dialogue editing soon. Also, I need to start making final misc quest plans for the Karthgad area.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby Luxray » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:12 am

I think the Nexus file is the newest one

Btw, one thing I noticed yesterday in Karthgad: the NPC in Karthgad is called BaRjorg the Bald but his house in Karthgad is called BaLjorg the Bald

They should probably match up. (And in any other dialogue that features his name)
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Tes96 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:42 am

Hateful of the elfmen who plague the Reach. If I'm an elf talking to him, seems like he wouldn't want to be talking to me in the first place. Shouldn't his disposition be lower for elves and his dialogue be of a more hostile tone? He's talking to me as if I'm his friend even though I'm a Dark Elf he just met. My PER attribute is 100, by the way.

One of worms?. That second question sounds odd. Is it meant to read: "Are you one of the worms?"

Minotaur has no topic but wormmouth does. Seems like a creature that is native to only certain provinces would have a topic about it. May we have one made for the minotaur?

Karthgad topic, third sentence says "Latter came the great hero Forl Bearfist". Shouldn't that be "Later came the great hero..."?

My trade for Nauk gra-Olad, third sentence should have an apostrophe for "Its hard work...", since it's a conjunction for "it is".

My trade for Emusette Viene, third sentence reads: "There are those how call my patrons evil..." Shouldn't that be "...who call my patrons evil..."? And why won't she eventually tell me about daedra and daedric summonings despite her dialogue saying she will?

Not really a dialogue error but rather an inconsistency; why doesn't Astraed offer training in Marksman when he clearly says that he will for a modest fee?
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Return to Playtesting & Error Reporting