City Claim: Old Hrol'dan

City Claim: Old Hrol'dan

Postby roerich » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 pm

City Discussion Thread

Coordinates:
Architecture: Cyclopean Barrow ruins and Reachman

20-30 interiors. A maximum of 10 of the large huts/houses, and numerous small huts. The ruins of Old Hrol'dan span six cells, but the Reachman settlement is centered mainly around 2 cells. There is also a large barrow structure, a temple/fortress of the ancient Nedes who built the place.
Thane of Interiors

Re: City Claim: Old Hrol'dan

Postby Yeti » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Are you going to continue your work on the past file you put for this, roerich. I would prefer it if we kept the ruins within 4 cells, but if your work spreads into six already, I'd like to take a look to see if a 6-cell layout works. Also, I thought we were going to locate this settlement in Falkreath?

I'd prefer placing it in Falkreath, if only because I want our Reachmen resources see more significant use outside of the Reach, since we put so much work into developing them.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby roerich » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Maybe it was about time I finished a showcase cell or two, yes. I will try to minimize the ruins a bit, but when I mentioned six cells that was an overestimation, as it will be far from six full cells.

Here is a map of how Old Hrol'dan looked in its prime: http://i.imgur.com/vDHfItm.png Note that most of these walls have crumbled by now. Hjalti attacked the southern gate when he used the Voice.

We can move this thread to Falkreath eventually, there is no claim forums there yet. Falkreath is the geographical location, yes.
Thane of Interiors

Postby Yeti » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Okay, that sounds good. Great map, by the way. I can't wait to see your finished work.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Return to Claimed