Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Mountain/ Snowhawk County - Claimed by Scamp

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Here is your WIP thread, mate!

Let's rock! ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Re: Mountain/ Snowhawk County - Claimed by Scamp

Postby Scamp » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks! Time to start as I have the missing data files and such. I won't disappoint you ;)
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby french ninja » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 am

This claim has a lot of potential. Instead of just a boring hill, points of interest could be added such as beacon fires for the kings of Skyrim to communicate with eachother (think this scene from RotK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg), hawk and vulture nests, burial carins, mountain passes than need levitation to get around rock slides etc.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 am

Also a reman ruin would be nice, unfortunally we don't have the set yet, but I'll make you a dummy mesh that should work as a placeholder until LiAv returns to us.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 am

Yes, points of interest are and have always been one of the most important things about exterior modding for me. I will try to add some cool things like that.

However, you have to consider that the beacon fires in LotR took a lot of advantage of the whole mountainrange... however, this is just a SINGLE mountain of a few cells, I doubt multiple fires would make any sense here, to be honest.
I would of course add one of these things there out of the pieces I can find in our data, on the highest point of the mountain where it can be seen from everywhere. It'd be cool to have these fires on most of the mountains here and there to create a similar effect, with giant forests below, but if you climb the mountain you'll see all the fires up the mountains in the distance. It would indeed make a lot of sense and would also do for a nice easter egg a lot of LotR fans would appreciate ;) I like the idea. (Just not like 3 on a mountain of this size, that'd look rediculous)

Yes, a dummy mesh would be cool, Lestat ;)

Been working on this btw. I hope I can finish this soon.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 am

Also a reman ruin would be nice, unfortunally we don't have the set yet, but I'll make you a dummy mesh that should work as a placeholder until LiAv returns to us.

Why not just a nord ruin? The fortress-ruins you made also could serve as Reman ruins, no problem. There is no lore about the exact appearance of Reman-fortifications and besides Reman-ruins = Nord-ruins, sort of, since the first empire came from Skyrim, if I'm not mistaken.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm

french ninja wrote:This claim has a lot of potential. Instead of just a boring hill, points of interest could be added such as beacon fires for the kings of Skyrim to communicate with eachother (think this scene from RotK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg), hawk and vulture nests, burial carins, mountain passes than need levitation to get around rock slides etc.

The idea is cool...if Scamp still has some space on his mountain we could do something like that.

Should the fireplace look similar as in the video?
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 pm

It's already done. Let me search my progress screens in a sec, Muspila said on IRC it looked pretty solid...

ImageImageImage

I'd really suggest we place more beacons of that kind on the other Haafinheim mountains.

I also tried not to sink my path to match your style, Lestat ;) Claim is about 70%. I've got 3 caves, one hut, a barrow and a Reman ruin (you still have to send me the dummy mesh r I can't work on it). Basically only the western parts of the mountain are left. Depending on when you hand me over the mesh, I can finish this this week or something.

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Scamp wrote:It's already done. Let me search my progress screens in a sec, Muspila said on IRC it looked pretty solid...

ImageImageImage

I'd really suggest we place more beacons of that kind on the other Haafinheim mountains.

I also tried not to sink my path to match your style, Lestat ;) Claim is about 70%. I've got 3 caves, one hut, a barrow and a Reman ruin (you still have to send me the dummy mesh r I can't work on it). Basically only the western parts of the mountain are left. Depending on when you hand me over the mesh, I can finish this this week or something.

It looks awesome, mate, really great.

I've already sent you the dummy reman mesn last week, I could send it twice, no problem ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

o.0

Damn it. I checked my emails again and saw it... weird. Now you have sent it twice, haha. Thanks mate (for the compliment, too).

Postby Scamp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Sorry if there are too many errors, it is entirely possible that I missed some really obvious ones D:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Check my blog for more screens ;)

Place the mesh in Sky\x.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby french ninja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Neat visuals
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:47 am

This mountain looks awesome

Your mountain design is very cool, it looks great from a distance and very detailed close up.

Thanks, Scamp ;)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:52 pm

A nearly perfect piece of exterior work.

The design and landscaping are excellent.

Only the groundcover could have been worked out a bit better on some places (heavy clippings with the landmesh)
Fixed a few minor things like 2 floating trees, a bleeding barrel and a couple grass clippings

You really matched the style like it should be :D

Rating 9.5 of 10

Merged with the Mainfile
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:25 pm

What's the mountain called now, I would like to know because you asked me to post screenshots on the BGSF.

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I suggest calling it either Snowhawk Peak or Mount Snowhawk and giving the town that is known for that name some nordic name instead. Would be an interesting twist, imo.

Edit: I would turn the whole mountain into a mini region of its own then, having that name. That would be one region of Solstheim-Dimensions but it'd be quite interesting to see that you are walking a mountain that has got an own name. I'd do the same with other sizable mountains.

Postby Scamp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I like this idea ;) It'd also allow for more snow in the weather settings as it's higher than all the surroundings.

I'd also vote for Snowhawk Peak, btw.

Return to Finished