City Claim: Karthwasten - Claimed by Praedator

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Re: City Claim: Karthwasten - Claimed by Praedator

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Praedator wrote:I have solved the missing mesh, cleaned the file, but cannot remove a dependency on this pc.

There is a dead body of a murdered merchant in poor quarter, and a dead body of a murdered nord in Redguard quarter.

A small cell to NW of clai is not cluttered fully, as it will be joined with Lestat's style of cluttering, and I had a moddersblock, so I give up on that. Also I am not sure on the cluttering atop the cliffs, so I left it as it is easy to adapt. However I would appreciate a possible walkway on them along the whole west side, from poor quarter to resources quarter.

Awesome, thanks Praedator.

Don't worry about the part in the NW and so, it's much easier for me to connect the styles if I have a bit space left for a translation, so I'm really glad about it.

Btw...this city rocks
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Praedator » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

After ingame testing I have found that the use of those dark bulbs give very undesirable sideeffects, also on other side of the wall, so whomever reviews it please remove them.

Postby Praedator » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm

more screens for those who don't visit the BGSF often.
http://praedatorsnest.blogspot.com/2012/03/shotn-karthwasten-reach-final.html

Postby Worsas » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 am

Praedator, you rock!

Postby Praedator » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 am

TY Lestat and Muspila, I am happy to have finished it at last :)

Postby Scamp » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Serious problem; When removing the P:C_data dependency, apparently all landscape entries are automatically removed from the file. I tried it several times.
(Regardless, since I have access to PC_data, I gotta say this city looks like a hell of an awesome place! Well done.)

I am working on fixing this though.
"Scamp is a genius" - Dirnae

Postby Scamp » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Ok, here comes. Same file, just without PC_data required. Fixed this by simply cleaning out everything except landscape entries from the original file and merging it again with the file that had the dependency removed. Should work fine for everyone now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Praedator » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 pm

so that is what happened to me too, weird :/

I will be more careful in selecting files in the future, this was a step in wrong direction.

Thank you, I might join the club of awesome awesomenessmakers :D
However none of this would have been possible without the support (custom objects) of the team, TY Muspila, Dirnae and Lestat!

P.s. I haven't even touched anything from PC_data in the mod, so its truly weird.

Postby Praedator » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Scamp wrote:Ok, here comes. Same file, just without PC_data required. Fixed this by simply cleaning out everything except landscape entries from the original file and merging it again with the file that had the dependency removed. Should work fine for everyone now.

Nice solution Scamp, thx. But file seems a bit smaller now? Hope we didn't lose anything...

I see why, no meshes, no textures :D stupid me ;)

Postby Scamp » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Do you remember how I have a different Morrowind folder for each province? That way, I can never accidentally select PC_data in my Skyrim one.

Edit: Praedator, I have opened your file and mine at the same time, checking ref counts. Every cell has exactly the same amount of objects in it. Might be worth checking again though, if you have the time.

Postby Praedator » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Yes I have seperate folders too, but not at work :/

Postby Tes96 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 am

Since this exterior is finished, does that mean that there are tons of interiors now to be worked on?
Interior Reviewer
Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodiil
Tamriel-Rebuilt
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 am

Tes96 wrote:Since this exterior is finished, does that mean that there are tons of interiors now to be worked on?

Yes, I'll do the review this weekend, so I'll open the interior claims next week, at the moment only the claims for the house interior we allready have the models...The other interiors have to wait a bit, but it shouldn't be a problem because there will already be a proper number of avaialbe claims from those houses.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Postby Scamp » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:51 pm

In case you want me to help with putting up claims, just shoot me a mail ;)

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Reviewing :)

@ Thanks mate, some help for setting up the claims would be nice...I'll send you an email the next 2 days which houseclaims we could open at the moment.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am

The city is pretty amazing, really impressive, very enjoyable. There are glitches in the wilderness outside the city (too many rocks to close together on the grassy field, also the rocks itself look are very similar) but that's just a minor issue and I'll fix it when I work on the cells bordering this claim.

So far I havn't seen a better city in a TES Game.

Therefore : 10/10 for the city (I don't rate the wilderness here because this claim was a city claim)

Excellent job :)
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Praedator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Thank you very much Lestat.

So far I havn't seen a better city in a TES Game.

Encouraging and nice of you to say, but untrue I am afraid :P There are a couple more citybuilders who know what they are doing, they even happen to be on our team :)

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Praedator wrote: There are a couple more citybuilders who know what they are doing, they even happen to be on our team :)

True, but I said that I havn't seen ...I'm sure there are some other excellent city builders in the scene, I think Scamp for example is doing great cities as well, but I havn't played many mods the last 2 years and I'll wait with my next Morrowind play through until the next release of Tamriel Rebuild and Stirk form P:C...therefore I havn't seen a better city so far :D
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:
Praedator wrote: There are a couple more citybuilders who know what they are doing, they even happen to be on our team :)

True, but I said that I havn't seen ...I'm sure there are some other excellent city builders in the scene, I think Scamp for example is doing great cities as well, but I havn't played many mods the last 2 years and I'll wait with my next Morrowind play through until the next release of Tamriel Rebuild and Stirk form P:C...therefore I havn't seen a better city or a city on par so far :D
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
return 0;
}

Postby Praedator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Lestat DeLioncourt wrote:

True, but I said that I havn't seen ...I'm sure there are some other excellent city builders in the scene, I think Scamp for example is doing great cities as well, but I havn't played many mods the last 2 years and I'll wait with my next Morrowind play through until the next release of Tamriel Rebuild and Stirk form P:C...therefore I havn't seen a better city so far :D

From what I hear you could account for one too Lestat ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Finished