Berandas' workshop

Re: Berandas' workshop

Postby Worsas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Lord Berandas wrote:"File > Reource Files - Automatic Selection" works for me as well.

Btw, would there be some use for a giant bullfrog creature?

If it is a grayish and warty one I could see it in Hjaalmarch or Eastmarch. So sure, why not?

Though, if you're just deciding on a creature to make, I would suggest tackling a creature that is somehow referenced in lore. We are still missing ice wraiths, for example.

Postby Lord Berandas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Well, first I have to finish my gryphon, which has some sound issues, when that's done, I'm going to finish the frog, after that's done, I'm going to finally finish the mammoth. After then I could work on the wraith. Animating the wraith should be piece of cake I believe, so...but I thought someone was already working on it, wasn't he?

The frog actually looks like this:
Bullfrog.JPG

It's not final yet and the texture could use also some work, I'll see how it looks ingame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Worsas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm

I don't know of one who's been working on frost wraiths. The Frog looks cool. I'm curious how it will look like after your tweakings.

Postby Lord Berandas » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Sooo, here you can take a look at my latest creations. You can even examine them ingame. Feel free to give me some feedback...I'll probably reject it all, but still, you can have some good points. :-))
The gryphon's sound is not exactly how I wanted it to be, but there are some things messed up on Morrowind, so...I'm glad at least fort these sounds.
Also there's some glitch on the frog jump animation, which looks funny...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zd6hib33h4axma
http://www.mediafire.com/?dutvgk24ij52k8v
(you can encounter all the creatures in Seyda Neen)

Enjoy!

Postby Worsas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I just tested everything ingame and that bullfrog is seriously well done. I would totally use it around here, if you allow us to. The Griffon is not bad either, especially for a first finished creature. I love how you made use of morph-animations here. They all feel very alive.

Right now I'm getting a crash from hitting the frog with a weapon due to the lacking bounding box. When I add the bounding box back, I get the same error you already described me.

Did you read this already? I don't know if it's going to help anything. It would be a start, at least.
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... ?f=1&t=246

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:23 pm

That's weird, because I playtested it all. Also I added the bounding box via Empty in Blender and created it's parameters in NifSkope, so there should be a bounding box ingame. I'm going to check it out.
in the meantime I started to model the ice wraith, I guess I'll post results later today.

edit: I took a look at it and it works just fine, there's bounding box in the .nif file and it gives me no errors ingame.

Postby Worsas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 pm

You forgot to add the bounding-box to xbullfrog.nif. I copied the bounding box from bullfrog.nif over to xbullfrog.nif and got the error you described me then.

Unfortunately you have to add a bounding-box to prevent errors in the long run.

I have made a screenshot of something that may be related to the problem. Offsetting the bounding box down the z-axis may solve the issue. Don't forget to always add the bounding-box to xbullfrog.nif. x-files are the files being used by the game-engine to construct the actual ingame-creature.

Edit: To correct my statement regarding "adding" the bounding box. There actually was the bounding-box-node in the xbullfrog.nif, only the parameters were not set up to make a bounding-box from it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Worsas on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Ah, that makes sense! I'm going to repair that, thanks for reporting. Weird that it works fine in my MW. :)

Also, don't you know, what could cause that weird leg movement during jump animation? Nothing weird shows up in blender, so it must be something with the MW different framerate perhaps.

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Soo, here it the first look at the Ice Wraith creature. Let me kwnow what you think of it.
Also I would like to ask, if there is any good particle effect tutorial on the internet? I googled something for NifSkope only and I wonder if there's some way how to add particle effects for MW in Blender.

Postby Worsas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Unfortunately you cannot export blender-particle effects from Blender. I also don't know of a good particle-effects tutorial. Perhaps try out the frost atronach and look if you can adapt its particle effect for your needs.

The ice wraith looks great. Quite true to the TES V-Rolemodel. You made it yourself from scratch, right?

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Of course, everything I do is made by me and from scratch, I do not convert stuff.

I'm going to investigate the particle effect and also the dremora death transformation, because I want to use something similar to it.
Also I have some more ideas how to make this creature interesting...

Postby Luxray » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

All your creatures are looking awesome, Berandas!
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Lord Berandas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you Luxray! I hope I can make them all work correctly... :)
Here's a little update:

Postby Worsas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 pm

An environmental map would be a nice addition to the creature.^

Postby Lord Berandas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Yes, I was also thinking about it, it's also a little translucent.
I just wanted to add environmental map to the frog, but then I encountered the "step 0" error again! I tried to download yesterday frogs to overwrite my frogs with them and add enviro map in NifSkope, but I found out that those work neither! Although they were working for me fine yesterday night before I updated the archive. So I tried to export them without bounding box completely and add them in NifSkope, but no matter what I do, it's still messed. (I added it to both .nifs so that's not the problem) Then I tried it completely without bounding boxes, game worked well and it even didn't say anything wrong when I was hitting them...they just didn't have collision. I also tried to make larger boxes...
I uploaded them again, so could you please try to add bounding boxes in nifskope again and check the enviro map? I was looking at it ingame and I can't even say it's noticeable...
Based on my previous experience, you're going to encounter some frogs with moth wings flying all over Seyda Neen, shooting fireballs at you in your game...

Also could you tell me what rock texture is mostly used in the location the frog is going to be? I'd like to make more texture variations of it and I think it should have similar colors as rocks around.

One more thing...is it possible to have other weapon than bow or crossbow animated? Bows and Crossbows are animated via shapekeys, right?

Postby Worsas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

What Hjaalmarch will look like is not entirely settled. Lestat and me are currently playing around with rockmeshes for the central Skyrim. And we are probably going to stick with this texture:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22362022/pics/rocktexture.jpg

I will try around with the frog on my own. I hope I'll find something.

Postby Worsas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm

I was able to get rid of the stepbox-height error. I only had to extend the bottom of the bounding box to be much lower than before, so none of the bones would ever get lower than its bottom.

I tried out adding an enviroment map to the whole body but it looked silly. So I only added it to the eyes. I have been tweaking the environment map for a while before I was satisfied with the effect. So there is a changed version of enviro_eyes.dds included in here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3eq5mcpjrg6y9ew/npwczTSTdC

Postby Lord Berandas » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 am

That's just great! Thanks for help!

I have nearly finished animation of the Wraith, I was checking the death animation of dremora again, but it doesn't make sense to me, the dust pile is present there for all time of the animation, but just before the body hits the ground, it disappears and body is still there...
I'm going to get some sleep now...

edit: as usual, I was thinking about stuff before getting to the bed...there is no way how to animate the bounding box, right? This means, that when the frog is jumping, it cannot be hit in the air, because it's box is still on the ground...it's the same issue as with the TR bugs when flying...I don't like this idea, but I think there is no solution for this, is it?

edit2: Creature animation is complete, but it's also completely messed ingame, so I'm looking for solution right now. Death animations doesn't work properly yet, I'm still kinda stuck on it and right now I'm going to experimet with some particle effects. Keep the fingers crossed for me... :-)

edit3: Bullfrog should be finished, animations are working correctly, no errors during loading...if it works fine in your MW, Worsas, feel free to add it to data, also you can alter the texture if you need.

edit4: I was trying to do some work with NiVisController, NiVisData and NiBSParticleNode...I linked them together, but it's all messed. I really have no idea what I am doing.

Postby Luxray » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

I saw the videos you had posted on the official forums Berandas. They are very good, hopefully you will get the particle-effects working. :D
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby Worsas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm

The particle-effect issue might be solved now. Only needs to be verified by lord Berandas.

PreviousNext

Return to Models & Textures