Promotion Idea

Promotion Idea

Postby french ninja » Fri May 27, 2011 6:17 am

I came up with this idea last night on how to attract interest to the project and to update the thread on the officials.

There is a mod that I follow for Medieval 2; Total War that whenever they do updates, its a hodgepodge of text, images, references, etc and its a rather looked forward to event in the community.

So I thought, why not do something similar?

For example, I am almost done with the story on the raki. Perhaps an update could resemble this layout:
We would like to introduce to you all a new creature only found in Skyrim: Home of the Nords: the Raki.

*picture*
*story*

We could do this for various things like:

-How we changed Markarth Side and show off aldmeri ruins
-Breton/redguard guards and a guide book on the politics of the Reach
-wormmouth and a collection of reachmen balads
and others
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Re: Promotion Idea

Postby cawdeen » Fri May 27, 2011 11:04 am

Thats a great Idea. This project needs some PR. And more members

Location: The riverside of Styx...waiting for Charon, the ferryman

Postby Lestat DeLioncourt » Fri May 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Yes, we need promotion, especially since most of the people don't know about our new forums at the moment.

The first release was planned as promotion, but unfortunally there is not much progress at the moment, there are still a few interior claims available to claim or claims outstanding to be finished.

I hope the rest of our active members and friends of the project will sign up here soon. Liberum Avis will return after summer because of real life issues. I'm really looking forward to work with her.

French Ninja's idea is very good.

I can continue modding this weekend, some hardware issues forced me to take a short break.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "This is C++, you won't even think of Java again once you discovered what this language is able to do" << endl;
return 0;
}

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 pm

That would be a more profound way of presentating our mod. Good idea.

Postby SamirA » Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 pm

I like this idea. As for outstanding interiors I am almost done with two of them I have simply been busy in the aftermath of the ZackG loss at P:C. One interior is complete and the other is going to be worked on in the coming week so when I return from a trip I will be on next week I should be able to upload both.

Postby french ninja » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 am

Alright, so I completed the book about the raki:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26&p=75#p75

So all that's really needed now is a few nice pictures of the raki and it should be ready for posting. :)

---

Another method of keeping followers up to date on our progress could be having a HOTN twitter account, where each member could post tiny updates.
Jarl of Lore for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

Muspila

Postby Muspila » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:19 am

I would like to see a video showing off how the creature acts in combat besides all the other glory. :D

Postby SirEyeball » Sat May 26, 2012 12:49 am

We also need a link in uespwiki. TR an Cyrodiil are both represented under specific Mods. I am thinking we should be as well. ;)
Sir Eyeball
Loving that Morrowind is not forgotten

Postby Yeti » Sat May 26, 2012 4:56 am

That should be an easy enough edit for someone to make. Good idea 8-)

Also, please don't resurrect dead threads SirEyeball, unless there is something extremely substantial to add. The last post in this one was from almost a whole year ago 8-)
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Postby SirEyeball » Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 am

Well hope this was something substantial as it wasn't done yet ;) I don't know how to edit http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Mods.
But I'll take a look at last post and if old start a new topic in the future OK?
Sir Eyeball
Loving that Morrowind is not forgotten

Return to General Discussion